Venice - Is 11;35 am return flight doable with 6:45 am arrival.

jolly_cruiser

We are arriving back to Venice at 6:45 am from our cruise on the silhouette...There is a flight at 11:35 am flight out of Marco Polo that has a great price for our return.

Is it feasible for me to get from the cruise terminal and to the airport to catch the 11:35 am flight in Venice?

If you have any experience i would appreciate your feedback and comments.

Thanks in advance for all the responses.

• 2 weeks later...
We are arriving back to Venice at 6:45 am from our cruise on the silhouette...There is a flight at 11:35 am flight out of Marco Polo that has a great price for our return.

Is it feasible for me to get from the cruise terminal and to the airport to catch the 11:35 am flight in Venice?

If you have any experience i would appreciate your feedback and comments.

Thanks in advance for all the responses.

You should be alright as the other posters have said Marco Polo is only 35 minutes away, without traffic. Princess cruises say do not book flights before 12 noon on debarkation day. I suspect this is because they can't be sure how long the docking, debarkation and customs can take in any port, even if they have docked there many times before.

Good luck and I hope you enjoy your cruise.

As long as you're at the airport by 9am you should be fine. Marco Polo Airport is only a 20 minute drive from the pier, but it's a zoo. They have minimum staffing at the counters. Check to see how many other ships are in town that date.

We had a 6pm flight to Spain on a Wed and arrived at the airport at 4pm. We had to run all the way to the gate and just barely made the flight. I specifically planned that flight for midweek to avoid heavy cruise days but it didn't help .

Our next flight was to JFK at noon on Wed. We arrived at 9:30am and only had 10 minutes to spare before they started boarding the plane.