HAL Flight-Ease and Transfers

SilvertoGold

From http://www.hollandamerica.com

Transfers

Transfers may be purchased from the port city airport to the ship and from the ship to the port city airport on day of embarkation and disembarkation only; and between airport to hotel and hotel to airport. Transfers are available to Flight Ease guests and to guests who have independent flight plans.

Guests with independent flight arrangements who wish to purchase transfers must advise Holland America Line of their flight information at least 14 days prior to departure by completing Online Check-in. Unused transfers are not refundable.

Hope this helps and is the information that you need.

Bob

It wouldn't be feasible to include transfers when using Flight Ease as passengers can arrive a day (or more) before sailing. Transfers only run on the day of departure, unless one has booked a hotel through the cruise line too.

We do really like being able to select our own flights through Flight Ease and have found pricing that we can't match on our own. It's nice to have another avenue to look for flights.

The Princess web site also has Flight Ease, but it is far, FAR superior to HAL's arrangement. On Princess one can easily check to see if using the cruise line's air makes sense before booking. HAL really needs to change their set up.

It wouldn't be feasible to include transfers when using Flight Ease as passengers can arrive a day (or more) before sailing. Transfers only run on the day of departure, unless one has booked a hotel through the cruise line too.

We do really like being able to select our own flights through Flight Ease and have found pricing that we can't match on our own. It's nice to have another avenue to look for flights.

The Princess web site also has Flight Ease, but it is far, FAR superior to HAL's arrangement. On Princess one can easily check to see if using the cruise line's air makes sense before booking. HAL really needs to change their set up.

AGREE 100%. Just booked a HAL European cruise and so far much prefer the Princess EZAir. I haven't even been able to look at options with HAL and hope now that deposit is finalized that I can check options myself rather than going through travel agent!

Does anyone happen to know how long it takes HAL to "ticket" your flights after you have paid? I paid last week for flights on United but when I check them with the record locator in the United web site they are showing Not ticked yet. This makes it difficult to get upgrades, etc.