When is spring break?

redcruzer

People from all over the country sail out of Florida on their Spring Breaks. Many of the schools in the southern states and many universities have Spring Break in March. You could encounter kids/college kids from lots of states that week. Also, while the first week of March is a bit early for Spring Break in a lot of school districts, families will sail then anyway because the fares are less than later in the month and in April which is when Easter is in 2014.

People from all over the country sail out of Florida on their Spring Breaks. Many of the schools in the southern states and many universities have Spring Break in March. You could encounter kids/college kids from lots of states that week. Also, while the first week of March is a bit early for Spring Break in a lot of school districts, families will sail then anyway because the fares are less than later in the month and in April which is when Easter is in 2014.

Broward being Ft Lauderdale and Dade being Miami are both on Spring Break the last week in March...Last day March 20 go back March 31. They are also off April 18 (Good Friday). Normally they are off the week leading up to or following Easter, however with Easter so late this year... nope.

I use this website to make sure that I don't book during any Spring Breaks. :eek:

This lists all of the SBs for colleges and universities but alot HS and ES have break during the same periods.

Our HS and ES have SB in the beginning of April.

When is My Spring Break?

Edited by PresDuLac

I totally get wanting a cruise w/o alot of kids around, perception can appear to be reality and it is a vacation.

I've cruised RCL, Carnival and NCL when we go as a family because thats who they market too. I believe families get the most for their money on a cruise and the kids love it. Great kids clubs and lots of kids but I haven't really noticed any roving bands of disruptive drunk Spring Breakers. Kids tend to hang out alot in the buffets (night) and around some pools (afternoons) but again I hadn't noticed any problems. Carnival had a horrible reputation a decade back or so but its much better now. Most issues seem to be on 3 and 4 day cruises.

If we just go as a couple my favorite is Celebrity but my wife prefers Princess. Both a lot quieter but very few kids. HAL was boring but the food was good, although being in our 40's, we were the kids onboard.

we have cruised in March on the Dream with no problems with "spring breakers".....I actually thought the cruise parties and night clubs were pretty tame. Personally, I would trade in a few of the stuffy grumpy people for happy fun filled spirits ANYDAY!!!! Our cruise MOTO is HAPPY HAPPY HAPPY! :D No matter how many crying toddlers, wild teens, crazy college students or cranky old people are on our sailings we smile on through and have the time of our lives!!! :D

we have cruised in March on the Dream with no problems with "spring breakers".....I actually thought the cruise parties and night clubs were pretty tame.

Night clubs don't get going till 11:30 or so. On formal nights, at one or two am they get very lively and fun.

My wifes college(Utah State) has spring break March 10-14 so I would be surprised if many schools are in the same time frame

I can not quite figure out what wrestler is trying to say. Why shouldn't other schools be out the same week as Utah?

In fact, OP, you are sailing on the worst spring break week of all of 2014, with nearly 3 million college students out that week. Indiana University alone has more than 100,000 students on break that week on its various campuses.

If you actually talk to these college students, rather than being concerned about their admittedly frequent drunken revelries (Of course you have to find them when they are sober), I always find them and their views/interests and intelligence absolutely fascinating - and I am in my 70's. (Hey, lower 70's but obviously much older than they! :))

Edited by billie5

I can not quite figure out what wrestler is trying to say. Why shouldn't other schools be out the same week as Utah?

In fact, OP, you are sailing on the worst spring break week of all of 2014, with nearly 3 million college students out that week. Indiana University alone has more than 100,000 students on break that week on its various campuses.

If you actually talk to these college students, rather than being concerned about their admittedly frequent drunken revelries (Of course you have to find them when they are sober), I always find them and their views/interests and intelligence absolutely fascinating - and I am in my 70's. (Hey, lower 70's but obviously much older than they! :))

That was supposed to say wouldn't be surprised.

• 1 month later...

As many others have stated, you will find that the weeks in the months of March and the first half of April can be considered Spring Break weeks. Anytime you take a cruise, especially out of Florida, kids will be coming from all over the country with their families. I totally understand your need for maybe not so many kids on a cruise! I am a teacher and as much as I love my kids... I need a break! Luckily our school's Spring Break is the middle of April so it's not the most popular time for other schools to be having Spring Break.