MyCruise Visa Redemption Question

hughdm

We redeemed 55000 points for on-board credit about a week ago. I got emails from the rewards people confirming the transaction, but nowhere on My Celebrity do I see any notation of credits. Does it ever show up somewhere on the web site that I can see? Can any of you relay your experiences regarding redemption for on-board credit? Thanks...

Hi, I had done the same thing, i had a cruise discount, and then I added some on-board credits.

If you look at your receipt (the one that they email to you), I believe it was on the second page where I saw my 'obc'.

The first time, I had called to inquire where it was, and they told me that it was there, but I may not be able to see it - that did not ensure a warm and fuzzy for me, so keep looking, try logging on the website to your reservation and you may see it there.........

Would suggest print out a copy from Visa or the cruiseline verifying you have the credit. This will be your proof if once onboard the credit did not show. I do this for any and all OBC just be on the safe side.

This happened to us once and all we did was show proof and once the cruiseline confirmed it, it showed on our account.

Would suggest print out a copy from Visa or the cruiseline verifying you have the credit. This will be your proof if once onboard the credit did not show. I do this for any and all OBC just be on the safe side.

This happened to us once and all we did was show proof and once the cruiseline confirmed it, it showed on our account.

That's why I started the question. My Celebrity shows nothing to print. The card website doesn't provide any kind of receipt either. I have printed the emails I got, but they are vague. They do not even ask for the reservation number, just the name of the ship and date. It seems very vague and a lot less precise than I've experienced with a Princess Visa card I used in the past.I was hoping somebody would assuage my fears by coming up with some anecdotes of successful encounters.

That's why I started the question. My Celebrity shows nothing to print. The card website doesn't provide any kind of receipt either. I have printed the emails I got, but they are vague. They do not even ask for the reservation number, just the name of the ship and date. It seems very vague and a lot less precise than I've experienced with a Princess Visa card I used in the past.I was hoping somebody would assuage my fears by coming up with some anecdotes of successful encounters.

I had gotten OBC with my RCCL card several times with no problems. It never showed up online, nor on any copies of my reservation sent to me by my TA.

On my last cruise it was not on my account on the second day (as it normally shows up) so I went to guest services with a copy of the basic correspondence that I received from BofA (Bank of America, the card issuer). They tried calling BofA but couldn't get a timely response so they gave me the OBC themselves and said that if the credit did not come thru from BofA it was RCCL's gift to me. The next day the credit did come thru from BofA.

Since both cards (RCCL and X) are part of the same program I would think that guest services has the ability to call BofA for you as well as give you their own OBC to cover if they cant get it resolved.

Steve

I had gotten OBC with my RCCL card several times with no problems. It never showed up online, nor on any copies of my reservation sent to me by my TA.

On my last cruise it was not on my account on the second day (as it normally shows up) so I went to guest services with a copy of the basic correspondence that I received from BofA (Bank of America, the card issuer). They tried calling BofA but couldn't get a timely response so they gave me the OBC themselves and said that if the credit did not come thru from BofA it was RCCL's gift to me. The next day the credit did come thru from BofA.

Since both cards (RCCL and X) are part of the same program I would think that guest services has the ability to call BofA for you as well as give you their own OBC to cover if they cant get it resolved.

Steve

Thanks, that makes me feel a bit better. Not very well coordinated between BOA and Celebrity in my opinion. We're talking about $550 that I've "earned" by using my BOA card, and that seems like a significant amount to fret about.

We cashed 30,000 points last yr, when we got to the ship only one $150 obc showed up. I gave them copy's of the email and by the next morning both were on our account. Take the email with you.
Actually it DOES show only half, but it states double occupancy, so I thought it would be half for each. I will DEFINITELY have my email receipts.

How do you do that?

From my smart phone using Tapatalk

You can call Captains Club at 1-800-760-0654 - Option 2. It's actually very easy, and I highly recommend this option above all others. I hope this is helpful !

Edited by Host Andy

Hi Everyone,

I chatted with one of my Celebrity contacts about the Celebrity Visa redemption program this week, and wanted to share the highlights from the call. I hope the following information is helpful !

-- Guests may redeem rewards points via the online redemption tool, or by calling the rewards desk at Captain's Club at 1-800-760-0654, Option 2. (Note from Andy : I highly recommend calling Captains Club when possible)

-- If guests choose to redeem the points themselves (online), they should place their reservation number in the comments section of the Bank of America website.

-- If guests contact the Rewards team at Captain's Club, their booking will be notated with the transaction ID from the redemption. The guest will not need to ask for this, as it will be emailed to them.

-- The redemption is generally processed within a week, but may take longer during peak times, or unusual circumstances.

-- The OBC generally appears on the second night of a cruise. It is suggested to contact Celebrity before your cruise, to confirm it is on your reservation.

-- If the guest is booked through a Travel Agent, they should call the TA about a week after redeeming their points, for an updated confirmation.

Edited by Host Andy

Hi Everyone,

I chatted with one of my Celebrity contacts about the Celebrity Visa redemption program this week, and wanted to share the highlights from the call. I hope the following information is helpful !

-- Guests may redeem rewards points via the online redemption tool, or by calling the rewards desk at Captain's Club at 1-800-760-0654, Option 2. (Note from Andy : I highly recommend calling Captains Club when possible)

-- If guests choose to redeem the points themselves (online), they should place their reservation number in the comments section of the Bank of America website.

-- If guests contact the Rewards team at Captain's Club, their booking will be notated with the transaction ID from the redemption. The guest will not need to ask for this, as it will be emailed to them.

-- The redemption is generally processed within a week, but may take longer during peak times, or unusual circumstances.

-- The OBC generally appears on the second night of a cruise. It is suggested to contact Celebrity before your cruise, to confirm it is on your reservation.

-- If the guest is booked through a Travel Agent, they should call the TA about a week after redeeming their points, for an updated confirmation.

I requested my OBC online last week and still have not received an email. How long did it take to receive the email? I did luckily print out the online confirmation.

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

I requested my OBC online last week and still have not received an email. How long did it take to receive the email? I did luckily print out the online confirmation.

When I did it through BOA, I got an email in less than a day.

Andy, I should have thought about the reservation number thing. I just didn't add it because they didn't ask. As I said, it now shows up on My Celebrity like this:

$250 ONBRDCR $0.00 USD $0.00 USD $0.00 USD

$25 ONBRDCR $0.00 USD $0.00 USD $0.00 USD

I cashed in 50000 and 500, so it SHOULD be $500 and $50. SInce it states "double occupancy" and the two columns are for me and the wife, I an going to optimistically assume that it's for EACH. I will have my email confirmations in hand.

Andy, thanks for looking into this. Do you think if I called the desk, they could clarify the 250/500 question?

When I did it through BOA, I got an email in less than a day.

Andy, I should have thought about the reservation number thing. I just didn't add it because they didn't ask. As I said, it now shows up on My Celebrity like this:

$250 ONBRDCR $0.00 USD $0.00 USD $0.00 USD

$25 ONBRDCR $0.00 USD $0.00 USD $0.00 USD

I cashed in 50000 and 500, so it SHOULD be $500 and $50. SInce it states "double occupancy" and the two columns are for me and the wife, I an going to optimistically assume that it's for EACH. I will have my email confirmations in hand.

Andy, thanks for looking into this. Do you think if I called the desk, they could clarify the 250/500 question?

My pleasure Hughdm. Just a guess, but they have probably posted it as 250 and 25 per person, and I suspect it's not appeating accurately on the website... but all is well.

I recommend calling Captains Club, via the contact information in my earlier post. I'm highly confident they can answer your questions, and resolve any issues - though I suspect all is well.

Please let us know the outcome, and good luck !

Edited by Host Andy

Hi Louisianacajun,

As mentioned earlier, it should take about a week. I suggest waiting another few days. If you do not receive it, please give Captains Club a call, at the number listed above. I'm confident they will be able to assist.

Hope this helps !

Hi Louisianacajun,

As mentioned earlier, it should take about a week. I suggest waiting another few days. If you do not receive it, please give Captains Club a call, at the number listed above. I'm confident they will be able to assist.

Hope this helps !

Will do! Thanks so much!

I want to redeem some points for OBC for my cruise on May 21st. My billing cycle usually ends on the 21st of each month, and I wanted to wait until after this current cycle closes, since I have a cruise in there and can get double points! If I redeem the points right after the billing cycle ends, is that (a month) plenty of time?

I did it with the Royal Caribbean Visa. Printed everything, never saw anything on "My Celebrity". Got on the ship and it was there no problem:)

I want to redeem some points for OBC for my cruise on May 21st. My billing cycle usually ends on the 21st of each month, and I wanted to wait until after this current cycle closes, since I have a cruise in there and can get double points! If I redeem the points right after the billing cycle ends, is that (a month) plenty of time?

In my experience it is very quick nowadays:)

Should be plenty of time, just put a copy of the conformation with your doc's to show cust svc on ship if needed.

We do it after final too so we can make use of the double point credit. Then we use the OBC to upgrade our classic to premium, or speciality dinning.

Hi Cindy,

I believe a month should be fine - though I wouldnt cut it too close to your sailing date. Hope this helps !