Carnival Ecstasy - Will a 10" tablet fit in safe?

CruiseinNJ

Does anyone know if a 10' tablet will fit in the safe on the Ecstasy? I'm leaving in 8 days (Whoooo Hoooo!) on the Carnival Ecstasy and would like to bring my tablet so I can Skype with my daughter and husband, who are staying home. If it won't fit in the safe, I'll load books on an older, smaller e-reader and leave the tablet at home.

Thanks all!

Thanks - I'll looked up the size of the mini - it's 7.9 compared to the 10.1 of my tablet. Think there was an extra 2-3 inches in there?

if that's the case then yes, I think you'd be fine. Sorry, one caveat, I wasn't on the Ecstasy, I was on the Glory and the Freedom. I assume the safes are the same though. Hopefully will chime in with definite answers.

Does anyone know if a 10' tablet will fit in the safe on the Ecstasy? I'm leaving in 8 days (Whoooo Hoooo!) on the Carnival Ecstasy and would like to bring my tablet so I can Skype with my daughter and husband, who are staying home. If it won't fit in the safe, I'll load books on an older, smaller e-reader and leave the tablet at home.

Thanks all!

My iPad fits diagonal in the safe. That being said, I have not put it in the safe in 8 cruises.

Sent using the Cruise Critic forums app from my IPhone

Thanks for the input. Looks like I'm going to bring the ereader instead. I don't know how current Carnivals website is but it says they average 10x8x9. But on the Ecstasy you still need to get a key for it! I've been on a few ships on Carnival and never remember needing a key! Must be one very old safe!

Our full size iPad fits in all carnival safes- however we haven't sailed on the ecstasy - you should be fine.

My husband packs a tech backpack to hold and carry valuables just in case.

Carnival Miracle video tour:

Edited by Sheebah

My Nexus 10 fit. The safe will either require a 4 digit PIN that you chose, or a card with a magnetic strip on the back. Not your S&S card, but a credit card will work. I'm bringing an expired gift card for our April cruise.

S&S cards do work for the safe. We did it last Dec on the Freedom.

Thanks everyone! Looks like I can bring it after all. I know what cards to use on the safe. My comment was taken from Carnivals site regarding the key. It called out Ecstasy and one other older ship. I do hope they have upgraded to either pin pad (preferred) or magnetic strip and still aren't in the dark ages.

Edited by CruiseinNJ