Maho beach?

beachgoerzz

We are looking at a cruise on Allure of the Seas with a stop in St Maarten. Maho Beach is really the only reason we are planning to take this particular cruise itinerary. So much so I'm wondering if a land only vacation would be a better idea for us. Curious if anyone who has been to Maho Beach found it interesting enough to book a "land only" vacation after having been there on a cruise?

I'm wanting to visit Maho beach for a little bit, then go to Orient Bay. Either order does not matter to me. I'd like to see one of the BIG planes, KLM I guess is the biggest. How would I find the landing time for April 26th? Any how, I figure I'd get tired of the plane noise and smell after a while. So going to another TOP beach on the island is doable...We have 10 hours on the island. 3 at Maho, 4 at Oriend...2.5 hours travel (both to maho & Orient). Thats cutting it close tho.

Also, the topless/Nude beaches..Are their many that participate?

I'm wanting to visit Maho beach for a little bit, then go to Orient Bay. Either order does not matter to me. I'd like to see one of the BIG planes, KLM I guess is the biggest. How would I find the landing time for April 26th? Any how, I figure I'd get tired of the plane noise and smell after a while. So going to another TOP beach on the island is doable...We have 10 hours on the island. 3 at Maho, 4 at Oriend...2.5 hours travel (both to maho & Orient). Thats cutting it close tho.

Also, the topless/Nude beaches..Are their many that participate?

April 26 is on a Saturday, so wait until any given Saturday and check to see what planes are coming in on a Saturday. They should be the same for each week. The big ones comes in between 12-3pm and there is no smell.

http://sunsetsxm.com/index.php/about-us/flight-schedules

The participants on the Topless/Nude beaches may not be to your liking. My husband was lucky enough to see a 80 year old man and women.

Visions of the future!!

• 3 weeks later...

We are 60-ish, married 41 years, visiting St Maarten as port-of-call off the Royal Princess. We took a cab to Maho Beach for $10pp each way.

Upon arrival, we secured two plastic Adirondack chairs (chaises also available) with a beach umbrella for $20 for the day. Sunset Bar & Grill offers rest rooms (just a little scary). Buckets of beer are a great value @ $15 for six and they will give you ice to refresh it as needed. We shared a half-pound cheeseburger and fries, also at $15. Left my credit card with Nick and just ran a tab for everything including our seating. Closed it out at the end of the day and left cash tip for all. All things considered, Sunset Bar & Grill was definitely the best option for our Maho Beach experience.

Dozens of planes, including an enormous Air France 747, screamed in over our heads throughout the day. Sunset posts the time and size of each plane on a surfboard - great reference! Some crazy folks would "surf the fence" to get blown across the beach with large aircraft take-offs. We opted to take pictures of and laugh at them! Many people did swim and we wished we had brought our suits to join them.

We've done St Maarten before, but this was the best experience! Highly recommend.

We are 60-ish, married 41 years, visiting St Maarten as port-of-call off the Royal Princess. We took a cab to Maho Beach for $10pp each way.

Upon arrival, we secured two plastic Adirondack chairs (chaises also available) with a beach umbrella for $20 for the day. Sunset Bar & Grill offers rest rooms (just a little scary). Buckets of beer are a great value @ $15 for six and they will give you ice to refresh it as needed. We shared a half-pound cheeseburger and fries, also at $15. Left my credit card with Nick and just ran a tab for everything including our seating. Closed it out at the end of the day and left cash tip for all. All things considered, Sunset Bar & Grill was definitely the best option for our Maho Beach experience.

Dozens of planes, including an enormous Air France 747, screamed in over our heads throughout the day. Sunset posts the time and size of each plane on a surfboard - great reference! Some crazy folks would "surf the fence" to get blown across the beach with large aircraft take-offs. We opted to take pictures of and laugh at them! Many people did swim and we wished we had brought our suits to join them.

We've done St Maarten before, but this was the best experience! Highly recommend.

Thanks for posting. We head out Sunday and Maho is our tour in St Maarten. Has been on my bucket list. Glad to hear the recommendation!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

• 1 month later...