Sunset House: A Welcome Oasis

Podie

When I learned we were one of five ships in Grand Cayman earlier this month, I sent an e-mail to Sunset House, a scuba diver hotel, and asked if we could hang out there for several hours to avoid the crowds. The general manager replied and said sure!

So we got off the tender, turned right, and walked about half a mile past Eden Rock to Sunset House. We parked ourselves in the shade of the outdoor restaurant and bar, jumped in the water and snorkeled (there are two staircases to get up the rock wall), had a few drinks and lunch (which totaled about $30 per person), jumped in the pool for awhile, and eventually walked back to the dock.

Best "excursion" I ever took!

LIES

ALL LIES

they will chase you off the property unless you are staying there . . . OK I tried . .

been a regular since 198? Last visit was for a week a year ago .... planning the return . . .

cruise stop or long stay ... always a good experience.

For NOW, since so few cruise folks come down this far (a WHOLE 1/2 mile), and since access to the water is free ANYWAY .... so long as you buy lunch at the bar, which "entitles you" to a table and chairs, I've never seen the staff raise an eyebrow to your using the pool or the loungers (except when they MIGHT ask you to clear the pool for a dive class ....very rare in the afternoon, usually classes are EARLY)

btw .... my FIRST choice place if taking someone on a Discovery Dive

{I'm just sad they redid their web site .... they removed SO MUCH good information . . . . WHAT were they thinking??????}

Ready for a NIGHT dive at Sunset

100_0105_zps00ed64ce.jpg

drop drop drop

100_0109_zpsf9b18239.jpg

and after dive libation .... diet Coke and iced tea

100_0119_zpsd727fca8.jpg