BoddenTours Booked -- Alternative???

dgadberry

OK, I'll admit it, I started researching a bit late. But we're cruising into Roatan on Carnival Magic on 2 April. I found Bodden Tours yesterday and they're booked. Can anyone suggest an alternative? I kind of liked the idea of having a private driver showing us around and getting to spend time with Victor's monkey.

OK, I'll admit it, I started researching a bit late. But we're cruising into Roatan on Carnival Magic on 2 April. I found Bodden Tours yesterday and they're booked. Can anyone suggest an alternative? I kind of liked the idea of having a private driver showing us around and getting to spend time with Victor's monkey.

Can't help you with seeing Victor's Monkeys without using Victor (too bad you missed out on Victor as they were great), but there are several other drivers that get recommended by many.

Rony off the top of my head...

http://ronystours.com/

Older thread from in here with pictures.

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=860463

Hopefully others will chime in with some names.

Ronystours.com is the best in my opinion. We've used him 4 or 5 times. He is so friendly. He will make sure you have a spectacular day. I would definitely spend a little extra and have a private driver for the day. We like to go at our own pace. I love to stop for photos(much to the dismay of my family). It's nice to do things as you like instead of being tied to a schedule with a group. Rony's "Freestyle" tour is perfect!

In February we used Sam McLean. We had a great time with him - saw the island, went to the Iguana farm and a small zoo (monkeys on our shoulders) and had lunch at an amazing little place. His numbers are 504-9592-9078 and 504-3355-5550. He also has an email samuelmclean99 at yahoo dot com but I don't think he uses it often. My friends actually made the reservations with him by calling him.

Happy Sailing!

• 2 weeks later...

I agree with #1TravelMom. I just returned from a one-week stay in Roatan and went on a full-day freestyle tour with Ronystours. His tour guide (Arnold) and driver (Edwin) made it a very enjoyable day.

We went on the Mangrove tour, the Pirates of the Caribbean canopy zipline, visited the iguana farm, and drove around the island. You can adjust the itinerary based on how much time you have during your port stop.