Slam leaves the Breakaway today

jerseyralph

We totally loved seeing Slam and the Grand Slams..He's a great musician and entertainer..I was honored to sit in with the band..Don't forget he'll be at BB Kings in Manhattan on May 9th..

Hi, I sat in with him as well on the organ while on the Epic. I enjoyed playing with him as well as Les Gitrox on the Breakaway last year.

-One of the ships had a younger musician - guitarist- I think Epic in the fall that was very good- perhaps from the South? Does anyone remember the name? He had a very good blues band.

I saw BB King's was hosting him- but I have Billy Joel's 65th birthday concert at MSG (which is my 65th Billy Joel concert as well!)

I was hoping his set would be later.

I was on the Epic in early December long after Slam left for the Breakaway. Fat Cats was being used for trivia and often was empty at night. I am not so sure they found a replacement on the Epic. I will be on the Breakaway in September...by then we will be able to assess just how seriously NCL took it!

I was on the Epic three weeks ago, and there is definitely a replacement band performing there. We went three different nights to watch them perform, and Fat Cats was packed every time. Two of the nights, they actually played well past their scheduled time, because the audience was so into it. Several guests from the audience joined them over the course of that sailing, and audience participation was great as well.

I'll check to see if I still have the Dailies, and see if I can find the name of the band.

I am sorry he is gone from the Breakaway. I was hoping he would be onboard in August but I knew the odds were long. He had told friends before this contract it would be his last :(

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk - Jim

He was the best!!

Why did he say that this contract would be his last? Was he unhappy being onboard the ship entertaining, or was NCL just dumb no to renew it?

Too bad that those who did not see him perform will miss this great talent. :(

Don

He was the best!!

Why did he say that this contract would be his last? Was he unhappy being onboard the ship entertaining, or was NCL just dumb no to renew it?

Too bad that those who did not see him perform will miss this great talent. :(

Don

It was his decision. I think he expected more $$$$ to renew.

Les Getrix and the Creole Cooking Band has replaced him. There is a thread posted a few down from here.

Very good reviews. He's on until July 13.

~Robin

Norwegian Breakaway July 2014

Carnival Miracle 2010

Carnival Legend 2006

Edited by meatball_nyc

It was his decision. I think he expected more $$$$ to renew.

Too bad that NCL could not renew his contract.

He has a huge following on the NCL ships that had watched him perform. People sometimes spent every night in the longe being entertained by him and drinking lots of drinks (SRO)!!

IMHO, bad move on NCL's part. Short sighted.

Don

Too bad that NCL could not renew his contract.

He has a huge following on the NCL ships that had watched him perform. People sometimes spent every night in the longe being entertained by him and drinking lots of drinks (SRO)!!

IMHO, bad move on NCL's part. Short sighted.

Don

Could not agree more.