Millennium or Century?

NoobCruise

I'm considering booking a cruise to Alaska out of Vancouver with Celebrity, either RT on Century or 1way on Millennium. I'm usually one to take reviews with a grain of salt, but there seems to be a high number of negative reviews for both right now with many saying both ships are old and tired and service is poor.

Any comments? Which ship would you prefer?

Thanks!

Agreed. I am new to Celebrity too and look forward to my cruise. At the time of my booking in December there were several positive reviews. Since then many have been negative. From reading them the things they are saying are not necessarily things I would experience, i.e. I am going on an Alaskan one vs. to Hong Kong. I did book aqua class simply because it as only $60 more than regular balcony at the time, and with the discount on the overall fare it was a good price. Now the fares are higher of course,but I am still satisfied that at the time and selecting what I wanted for an itinerary it was the best choice. I hope your cruise goes well as I expect mine will.

We just sailed our first X cruise on the Century,I did not find her "tired or worn", Is she like new? No, but a lovely ship.

We found the service to be excellent in all areas of the ship.

Officer presence was very high and they were open to stopping and chatting with us.

Our cabin was spotless and the cabin steward fulfilled all of our needs.

Wouldn't hesitate recommending cruising on the Century.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Forums mobile app

We were on the Millie last year and thought just about everything was wonderful. The one downside was the service in Select Dining - very poor (although there was one night my DH and sons had good service). Did it spoil our cruise? Absolutely not! It was just a disappointing factor. We would definitely book the Millie again but either eat in specialty restaurants the entire trip or do fixed (late) seating.