NZ/Aust - Eastern Med comparison

Rule240

Considering cruise in 2015 to either Eastern Med - Barcelona RT - or New Zeland/Australia. Yes, I know worlds apart. E Med has the history, and yes lots walking, stairs/climbing. Aust/NZ seems to be more modern n flatter. Any opinions, please. BTW our last cruise was Infinity thru Pan Cnl SAN-FLL. We did many excursions on our own, few with ship. Had an awesome time. Thanks

Yes you don't come to Australia & NZ for the Castles and Cathederals although we do have both they are not centuries old. It depends a lot on your interests, medieval history or some of the most stunning scenery and interesting animal species on the planet. The cities are modern and the sights eg. GBR, Uluru, NZ fiords etc do not require much walking and indeed access to them is relatively flat.

Thanks so much for your quick response. NZ/AUST was our first choice, but nothing published for late 2015. So we booked E. Med, but can get our deposit back. Yes, we too like Cel, Aqua most times.

Again Thanks. Wish we could find a way to dialogue.

B:)b

It's an apples to oranges comparison.

As an immigrant to Australia, all my friends love it here. It really is an amazing land! I've done a 14 night Australia & NZ cruise and I'll never forget going through the fjords in NZ. It' s a great cruise with hardly any at sea days (except on your way to NZ). Every morning it felt like we woke up in a new place.

We are doing the Holy Land cruise this year and have budgeted a lot to do tours. You will find that you can book on your own for OZ/NZ and it will be quite cheap with small tour sizes.

Either way, both cruises will be amazing and you'll just need to go with what you want. As a Sydneysider, I would allow more time in our amazing city! It won't disappoint!

It's an apples to oranges comparison.

As an immigrant to Australia, all my friends love it here. It really is an amazing land! I've done a 14 night Australia & NZ cruise and I'll never forget going through the fjords in NZ. It' s a great cruise with hardly any at sea days (except on your way to NZ). Every morning it felt like we woke up in a new place.

We are doing the Holy Land cruise this year and have budgeted a lot to do tours. You will find that you can book on your own for OZ/NZ and it will be quite cheap with small tour sizes.

Either way, both cruises will be amazing and you'll just need to go with what you want. As a Sydneysider, I would allow more time in our amazing city! It won't disappoint!

So nice to meet friendly, nice, helpful fellow cruisers.

icon7.gif

Yes, u r right - so much nicer to make your own shore excursions. I used links from web sites for Mexico and Costa Rico. Was very pleased. Also took a look here and Trip Advisor. Can you suggest any agencies more so for NZ and for Aust., please? In addition to the most popular sites (I get ideas from Celebrities excursion page) I also like to zip line, and jet ski -- not so with the other 3 in our group - party poopers lol. We plan to cruise AUK-SYD toward the end of 2015. We have friends in both dep and ar ports. And yes, I may reach out to you for SYD suggestions. BTW if you have any ?s about the Holy Land, my wife's sister and family live in Israel. Thanks Bicon7.gifb

Thanks so much for your quick response. NZ/AUST was our first choice, but nothing published for late 2015. So we booked E. Med, but can get our deposit back. Yes, we too like Cel, Aqua most times.

Yes, the Celebrity 2015 schedule for Australia/NZ is still to be released.