Formal night and other themed nights

I'm going on my 1st cruise soon, and have been told that on a 10 day cruise I should expect;

2 formal nights

1 white night

1 Hawaiian night

1 western night

1 70's night

1 80's night

Can anyone let me know if this is correct? I like to plan ahead.

And I want to be prepared for all

The fun nights!

Also, regarding formal nights.

Is anyone willing to share their

Photos? I would love to see what

Others have worn. Both men and

Women. So I could get an idea of

What people are currently wearing.

Any other info for 1st time cruisers

Would be great.

Awaiting our 1st Cruise

Royal Caribbean

Rhapsody Of The Sea's

7th~2nd~2015

Tasmania

I'm going on my 1st cruise soon, and have been told that on a 10 day cruise I should expect;

2 formal nights

1 white night

1 Hawaiian night

1 western night

1 70's night

1 80's night

Can anyone let me know if this is correct? I like to plan ahead.

And I want to be prepared for all

The fun nights!

Also, regarding formal nights.

Is anyone willing to share their

Photos? I would love to see what

Others have worn. Both men and

Women. So I could get an idea of

What people are currently wearing.

Any other info for 1st time cruisers

Would be great.

Awaiting our 1st Cruise

Royal Caribbean

Rhapsody Of The Sea's

7th~2nd~2015

Tasmania

Hi and Welcome to Cruise Critic and to sailing with RCI - I am sure you will love the experience.

The cruises out of Australia do have the themed nights as you have indicated but unfortunately the participation rate is low. Even the formal nights are going slowly down hill, sitting at a table with half in coats and ties the other half in jeans and polo's.

For formals we dress up, yes it is our holiday but to us it is part of the history of cruising and I would hate to see it disappear. I don't have a tux but a black suit white shirt and bow tie best I can do and my wife well she goes all out.

On our last cruise there where guests in Full Navy whites, Tux etc and some of the ladies dresses where exceptional so you won't be on your own.

Have a great cruise and don't forget to write a review on your return.

Welcome! You are going to love cruising. I have not sailed your itinerary so perhaps it will be more relaxed. However, we've sailed Oasis twice recently and I can tell you that formal night had about an 85% participation rate. I would say formal night is alive and well. The theme nights (Hawaiian shirts & the 80's) did not have hardly any participation. One thing I did notice was a lot of maxi sundresses on smart casual nights. Whatever you decide to wear, make it comfortable and enjoy your cruise.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

Thanks for your replies, I have not worked out how to reply individually yet!

I am really looking forward to formal nights the most, because we never have a chance to dress up!

Hubby has a black suit, and I have gone and purchased him a really smart tie and matching hanky for that, in black and white check.

I am wearing a cocktail dress in black and white with pretty diamonds on it.

And bling accessories!

I hope that it doesn't fade out, because I also think the tradition of it all is some what fabulous!

Is there a way to find out ahead of time what the theme nights will be for my cruise?

Awaiting our 1st Cruise

Royal Caribbean

Rhapsody Of The Sea's

7th~2nd~2015

Tasmania

OP, please, visit the Fashion and Beauty board. They discuss clothing frequently and post many pictures. One thread in particular you would enjoy is called Post a Picture of Your Dress. I hope this helps.

Thanks so much, heading over there right now

Edited by MandaNShannon

Any other info for 1st time cruisers - Would be great.

Sorry I forgot to add the following tips find your "Roll Call" and get to know your fellow cruisers - those that will be on your cruise that is, join the "Meet and Mingle" so once on-board you can meet them face to face.:D

Once you find your way around the ship find the Crown and Anchor Society (C&A) desk and join, for free, and get some benefits when you travel next with RCI.:)

And enjoy the experience, don't forget somethings may happen like weather etc :eek: take it all in your stride and enjoy.

Any other info for 1st time cruisers - Would be great.

Sorry I forgot to add the following tips find your "Roll Call" and get to know your fellow cruisers - those that will be on your cruise that is, join the "Meet and Mingle" so once on-board you can meet them face to face.:D

Once you find your way around the ship find the Crown and Anchor Society (C&A) desk and join, for free, and get some benefits when you travel next with RCI.:)

And enjoy the experience, don't forget somethings may happen like weather etc :eek: take it all in your stride and enjoy.

Thank you, I joined my roll call.

And I have been told about the crown and anchor society, but I thought that was something you joined after so many cruises!

That's great info, I will do that when I board.

Being an Aussie, I know all to well how our weather changes in an instant!

I will be mainly packing dress's, because it's still quite warm at this time of year. But I will take a few warmish outfits incase.

Another possible theme night is country/western, they had that on our Singapore-Sydney cruise (but that was 14nights) they also had a rock n roll night.

That said, you don't have to be dressed in the theme to participate :)

Formal night was embraced on both our cruises with a high percentage dressing up. My DH wears a tux and I wear cocktail dresses, although I have seen other ladies in full length gowns also.

Enjoy your first cruise!