Just off Carnival Sunshine- The Good and The Not so Good

What is the best time for your time dining to not wait too long?

I just got off it yesterday, and we had 10 with us. We ate YTD around 6ish at least 6 nights. We got the immediate ticket every night. The wait to get to the hostess station took 10 minutes most nights.

We had an 8-top round table turned into 10 (with several kids it was plenty of room) on most of the meals. So that may have helped with availability. Once we were given a 4+6 next to each other.

You're joking right?:rolleyes:

Only the Serenity hot tubs are adults only. Was that your objection?

There are some concerns about putting kids who are too young into hot tubs, but I've never found that those on Carnival were really hot enough to be concerned.

Well now you know the secret. :)

Try it, you may like it and won't have to spill the drink you just paid for. :D

We sailed the Sunshine in January. It's pretty obvious that the Alchemy is different from the usual "walk up and order a margarita bar". :D Drinks are prepared with great pomp and circumstance and interaction between the bartender and the customer - but that's what the cliental seemed to expect there. We watched it from the Ocean Plaza where we spent most evenings listening to the house band.

The Red Frog Pub was just across the room so there is a regular bar nearby without the "show" at the Alchemy.:)

This report is a few years old. Fun that it got bumped and I got the chance to read it again!

The Sunshine goes into Dry Dock in May for 2 weeks so it will be interesting to see what changes there will be from the 2014 review. :)

Only the Serenity hot tubs are adults only. Was that your objection?

There are some concerns about putting kids who are too young into hot tubs, but I've never found that those on Carnival were really hot enough to be concerned.

Some ships have an aft pool and hot tub that are both adult only.

We did that whole day on our own. The dune buggy was rented from a place right across the street when you walk out of the port. I rented mopeds from them last year. That was actually the plan this year, but when we got over there my dad saw the dune buggy and wanted it. It's literally across the street. We were going to get 4 mopeds at $35 a day. Instead we got the dune buggy for like $125 for the day with insurance. Boyfriend owns a limo company and insisted on insurance. I think it was under $100 without insurance. They take cash or credit. I actually used my debit card to pay. They keep the drivers license of the drivers. We could have paid them $20 to fill the tank up when we returned, but we went to the gas station a few doors down and filled it up with $8.

We had enough time to take the route where you go all the way around the island. It was beautiful and a really fun ride! I highly recommend it. The dune buggy was a stick shift.

Just out of curiosity, was your original plan to rent mopeds and put the 4yr on one?