Can someone please confirm RC's UK price drop policy

Orems

Guatemala!! Well that's a joke. I cant think what RCI are playing at , they will lose a lot of custom if the customer service doesn't improve.

Ive just booked a cruise and the invoice shows the tax , Fees and Port expenses.

Ive just checked again online and quite clearly they have charged us double the fees per person.

Ive spoken to two people and a supervisor who tried telling me that they were looking at the UK version of the booking screen and they say its says the higher amount.

Well my computer must be wrong then because I have it in front of me at the lower price. I asked the supervisor to check that he is looking at the UK pricing and he assures me he is. They just make it up as they go along. I asked him how long he had been working at RCI and he went quiet so I repeated the question and he stuttered ' well I have worked for a cruiseline before'

Ive done over 50 cruises and have never been treated like this. I have screen shots of the correct pricing but there is not even a UK email address for Crown @Anchor now is there?

We cruise usually 5 times a year and will certainly be calling it a day with RCI if things don't improve

crownanchor.uk@rccl.com

Probably answered by someone in Guatemala though! Good Luck

Hi Thanks for the email address. I think you may be right about it going to Guatemala. Ive spoken to someone in RCCL in in the UK who I usually book my cruises through and he says he is no longer able to do anything as it all goes to Guatemala.

Anyway Ive sent an email with an attachment showing the correct charges.

I wont let it drop. I work too hard to afford my cruises and its wrong of them to overcharge like this.

I always used to book direct - now they are in Guatemala I use an agent!

However how it was explained to me.....the prices on the website are their best prices (naturally). The website has no way of knowing whether you have a booking already or not.

So sometimes these best prices are for new bookings only...what you need to do is to ask the agent to see if the price is 'convertible'.....this means that the price can be for new bookings or also for existing bookings.

If the price is 'convertible' they should just swap it over and bingo - you get the new cheaper costing.

Sometimes you get the cheaper costing and miss out on what ever offer you had at the time you booked (drinks package/car park) so it is up to you to decide what is the best deal for you.

Alternatively if the price is only for new bookings, and is more than £150pp then it is worth taking the hit, cancelling, losing the deposit and rebooking IMHO.

Good luck with Guatemala. Every TA I have spoken with has not been overwhelmed.....:rolleyes:

I always used to book direct - now they are in Guatemala I use an agent!

However how it was explained to me.....the prices on the website are their best prices (naturally). The website has no way of knowing whether you have a booking already or not.

So sometimes these best prices are for new bookings only...what you need to do is to ask the agent to see if the price is 'convertible'.....this means that the price can be for new bookings or also for existing bookings.

If the price is 'convertible' they should just swap it over and bingo - you get the new cheaper costing.

Sometimes you get the cheaper costing and miss out on what ever offer you had at the time you booked (drinks package/car park) so it is up to you to decide what is the best deal for you.

Alternatively if the price is only for new bookings, and is more than £150pp then it is worth taking the hit, cancelling, losing the deposit and rebooking IMHO.

Good luck with Guatemala. Every TA I have spoken with has not been overwhelmed.....:rolleyes:

Hi,

Its not the cruise price , its the taxes and fees. These don't very often change. I only booked this cruise last week when it was released. At the time they hadn't even put it on line so I had no way of checking the price. Taxes and fees only change if the Gov has put up taxes.

As the charge to me is exactly double, I think they have charged us twice!!

Im more upset with the way its been handled in Guatemala. They don't want to know and think of any silly reason why this has happened and they cant possibly do anything