pricing of suite

knarf64

Hello,

I just wonder if the price difference between a mini suite and a regular suite is always that big.I am looking at a cruise in July departing from Japan.

The mini suite is around usd 7000 and the suite around usd 21000,for my familie.

Just wondering if this price difference is reasonable for what you get,

Thanks

Hello,

I just wonder if the price difference between a mini suite and a regular suite is always that big.I am looking at a cruise in July departing from Japan.

The mini suite is around usd 7000 and the suite around usd 21000,for my familie.

Just wondering if this price difference is reasonable for what you get,

Thanks

Only full suites receive the suite perks such as complementary embarkation night dinner in a specialty restaurant, free laundry, breakfast at Sabatini's, nicer towels and bathrobes, more bathroom amenities, room service from the dining room menu, DVD player in the room and others. Full suites also have much larger cabins with a large bath with separate tub and shower and the balconies have teak lounge chairs and large tables. Mini-suites do not receive those perks. They are just a larger cabin with a tub and a seating area with a sofa. You would need to determine if those perks are worth the money. We have stayed in several window suites (full suites without balconies) at the price of a mini-suite or less, one suite in an upsell and one suite on one if the short (3/4/5 day) "free" cruises. We have enjoyed the extra space and breakfast in Sabatini's, but the perks are not worth it to us if we had to pay full price for a suite, especially that we were now elite and get a number of the same perks as received in the full suites.

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

I've typically experienced the full suites being slightly more then double the price per person of the mini-suites, depending upon the itinerary. Sometimes I've seen this difference less on repositioning cruises, but I've also seen it more on in-demand itineraries. Given that there are few full suites on each ship, they do come at a premium price.

I can understand how some think a suite is not a good deal moneywise based on the special amenities alone. But I don't go on cruises for "a deal". When I add the additional space to the sense of being pampered in luxury:cool:, it wins hands down for me. I also think that the term "mini suite" is a marketing tool. The "suite" word thrown in is very misleading. My experience with minis is that they are a slightly bigger balcony cabin.:rolleyes:

Plays a big factor. We leave on Monday for 31 days in a Vista suite on the Golden. When I booked it was 50% more than a mini and Window Suites were the exact same price as a mini was going for. Our next cruise to Australia was a totally different story. The same suite except on the Diamond cost me 2.5 X the price of a mini.

The price of full suites varies widely. Every cruise is different depending on supply and demand. Timing also plays an important role in the price. From initial pricing to sailing the price may fluctuate many times.

If the demand is very high Princess may sell them all without bringing the price down at all. However, if demand is lower, they may lower the price to attract buyers and if they sell several, raise the price again.

For the past several years we have booked full suites on almost every cruise. We have no qualms booking a full suite guarantee since we care not where we are on the ship. We have booked WS at the same price as the top mini suite price and other full suites within 30% over the price of a mini.

We have suite booked for our cruise next month and the current pricing is more than 30% higher than when we booked it.

We seem to pick popular cruises because we have never received a discount on a suite and they usually sell out the day they open. Everyone has been twice the price of a mini (don't think they should use suite with it - too many people think they are getting a small suite with all the regular suite perks) and four times what an inside cabin cost. One of our last cruises did not sell very well and every category was getting numerous price drops. I know there was a waiting list for suites that cruise so that along with a small number of suites, we never saw a discount. It got me thinking and I am really not sure if the suites are really worth the extra cost anymore. Yes, Sabitinis is a nice treat but on long cruises, it gets tiring every morning. We have also been fortunate to have booked the GS several times - loved them but after the cruise I kept saying - why?? was it really worth it - maybe the first time but doubt we will book them again.

And on many ships lately, the service in the suites isn't always that great. I do a have couple suites booked along with a couple minis. Or maybe we are getting tired of Princess and it is time to look around.

I have heard of people getting great deals on WS but it doesn't seem like a suite without a balcony - have never stayed in one. A while ago someone suggested that they switch those to premium picture window (or some new name) cabins and skip the suite perks. Bet they could make more money that way. With no balcony, they would be great for people with small children.

Thanks you for all the replays,i will take the gamble and wait.We will be in Asia for our summer holiday.

We have been cruising celebrity and azamara in the past in suites but never for these prices:)

Finding a good cruise for a good price is just a bonus.

Suites are always expensive and way more then a mini.

We only see major price drops when they offer an upsell and its rare.

I agree.

We have always paid 2 to 3 times the price of a mini for a full suite (WS not included) and have never had a price decrease after booking.

Mike:)

Edited by bhopal21

We must have picked a pretty good TA

Oh I get a great discounted price from my TA up front on the suite but on the itineraries we have sailed there has never been a price decrease that he or I could find.

We also book suites and only have had a price drop once. That was a couple of summers ago on a 12 day eastern Med cruise where they began selling the cruise as 2 6 day cruises to try to fill it up. We book the cabin we like, and plan on the price we book it at as the price we'll pay. We have also determined that when we add up all the costs, we can sail on one of the luxury cruise lines for very close to the same cost and so we are now looking at those more.

We have also determined that when we add up all the costs, we can sail on one of the luxury cruise lines for very close to the same cost and so we are now looking at those more.

Likewise.

I was surprised to find that Regent was very close to Princess when I did a comparison to some of our past suite fares.

Let me know if you find something that you can't pass up.

I've noticed the huge difference in the prices between the full suites and minis as well. We received our first taste of the "suite" life when we were given a free upgrade to a full suite on our New England/Canada cruise a few years ago. We really enjoyed it.

We will be in another full suite on our upcoming cruise in December. Personally we like the perks.

We also book suites and only have had a price drop once. That was a couple of summers ago on a 12 day eastern Med cruise where they began selling the cruise as 2 6 day cruises to try to fill it up. We book the cabin we like, and plan on the price we book it at as the price we'll pay. We have also determined that when we add up all the costs, we can sail on one of the luxury cruise lines for very close to the same cost and so we are now looking at those more.

I'd like to look at comparables from other lines. Please name the lines you see as comparable to Princess Suites and the specific ships. Thanks.

Edited by Bentley5700

We are booked in a full suite for the RT Hawaii out of SF in November. The suites are already sold out. I agree that mini suites are nothing more than a ploy to get people to believe that they will get all of the full suite perks. Some lines are better than others in how they treat their suite guests. RCCL was perhaps the best, they had a private lounge near the Grand suites for their suite guests and had full services for preferred dining options, excursions and there was always an array of food and drinks available. They also had separate seating near the pool for suite guests only. Their suites were also very spacious and had all of the amenities. HAL was a big disappointment when we were in their Deluxe Verandah Suite. The cabin was huge and the balcony was enormous. They has a private lounge but that was it. Service was okay but not great. Carnival's suites are okay but then there really were no other perks except the larger cabin and balcony. I am hoping that Princess will be as good as RCCL and any perk that gives you separate seating is always going to be a benefit so you don't have to get to the pool early to get a seat. I know there is the Sanctuary but cannot bring myself to pay another $100 per day for 15 days to get a seat. Enjoy your cruise.

I am not expecting that they will have that perk. I thought that I would mention it in case anyone from Princess is reading. It was a great perk from RCCL and I thought that I would let people know. I have been reading on this forum and see that people are willing to pay for their seats in the Sanctuary so there is a chance that Princess might decide to add this to their suite "perks".

RCCL was perhaps the best, they had a private lounge near the Grand suites for their suite guests and had full services for preferred dining options, excursions and there was always an array of food and drinks available. They also had separate seating near the pool for suite guests only.

Thanks for the tip. Don't care for the pool because it's too loud - much prefer our balcony. We've just about run through the Princess's itineraries and will look at RCCL.:cool:

I'd like to look at comparables from other lines. Please name the lines you see as comparable to Princess Suites and the specific ships. Thanks.

I'd like that info too because when I compare the premium lines to Princess for the same size cabin (i.e., mini-suite size to mini-suite or full suite to full suite) and even throwing in a bottle of wine a day ($50) and a couple of cocktails I can't get the prices close enough to even consider (maybe I'm just cheap :D).