Tell me about the Internet packages on the sunshine

Susiecruisey

We board on Sunday and I need Internet this cruise due to the way some checks fall and the paying of child support and some college school work for my masters degree. Can you tell me what the cost is and how the speed is.

Thanks

Anyone

They don't have unlimited. It's very expensive. Just make sure you log out after each session so it doesn't use up your minutes. Also type up everything you need then log in to send. :)

Are u sure about no unlimited I thought it was 39 or 99 for unlimited

I to will also have to submit work for my Masters during my cruise in August. Here's the link for the internet plans, but according to John Heald, they're working to change the package, and possibly new vendors from the post on his blog, and his FB page.

http://www.carnival.com/core/faq.aspx

Edited by sjcruiser

No unlimited. :-(

I purchased 120 minutes for $59, that was a mid level package. The biggest package was 480 minutes for $159. I don't remember the others. And I agree it was really slow. Do everything off line then sign in to send.

I used the package on the 12 day Med cruise in Oct and was surprised how fast it was. However just off the conquest and it was terrible. Now I'm wondering if I just got lucky or if Sunshine had a updated wireless connection.

I put up pictures on Facebook, emailed and web surfed almost as quickly as my home connection except for a few slow down times when more people were on line. Definitely was worth it on the Sunshine.

Can't promise it will be the same for you but a significant difference from other Carnival ships I have used it on. I only did a longer package on the Conquest however and it was awful; can't remember the older trips but I think they also were pretty slow. I only bought the Conquest package because of my good experience on the Sunshine and did end up regretting spending that much for mostly waiting time.

Edited by dolfndreams

This will be my second cruise with schoolwork due. I have previously used it on the Breeze. I complete most of the work offline, but on the Breeze it took several of us from various schools to figure out how to make the system work for us. The first was that the internet cafe's are not the locations for the quickest service, unless the cafe is near the satellite which was above the Lido on the Breeze (one cafe also on Ocean Plaza). Getting on early in the morning around 6:00am also provided the best connection. One thing to remember is that if you're eating up minutes connecting, go to GS, and they can run a check on the account to verify what you are saying with the slow/no connectivity, and they will reimburse you the minutes/credit your account.