Live from the Wind 3/24 Las Palmas - Barcelona

beckaboo

In my opinion, this is a most welcome change. People on back-to-backs can surely remember instructions given when they boarded the ship. Often departures are late in the evening, and the requirement that in transit passengers attend each drill means that they have to hurry back to the ship for the ~6 pm drill rather than, say, staying in town and having a leisurely dinner before the ship departs at 10.

Absolutely agree. If you board for a single cruise that lasts 14 days or more (same amount as a back to back), you only have to attend muster once. If our minds can remember instructions for that long, it makes no difference whether it is a single cruise or a back to back. And if we can't remember that long, then they should start requiring muster every week (not for that--just saying).

Hello,

I took my first Silversea cruise on the Wind last November when we hit the Sardinian storm. Despite the bad weather l really enjoyed the voyage and board her again next week so it's good to read this live report, thank you.

Except for formal nights, is there ever a time a 30-something guy can wear black jeans, sports coat and sports shirt to dinner on the Wind? Doing our first SS cruise April 25 from Istanbul.

Except for formal nights, is there ever a time a 30-something guy can wear black jeans, sports coat and sports shirt to dinner on the Wind? Doing our first SS cruise April 25 from Istanbul.

Jeans are officially a no-no but if your black jeans do not look like black jeans you'll be able to safely wear that outfit on any informal or casual night. I did see someone rejected on a casual night on Wind last month wearing jeans that did look like jeans.

Thank you for the jeans opinion. There is a difference between worn blue jeans and dark black jeans when worn with a sports jacket, I think, for casual nights. But we will see. He will be prepared to change, I guess!

Carefree, sounds like fun - we have made it home and are back at work :( ... but at least it's a warm 80 degrees here! Pleasure meeting you both as well.

We actually snuck into the Motown show right at the start (India had told us that the CD had a surprise) and saw him in the suit - I think my DH Mike has pictures ...

All in all we really enjoyed - was a different experience to not be on a warm weather cruise - and it's probably only 2nd overall to last year on the Cloud... we are hoping to be on the Cloud in December (fingers crossed!)

We will be on the Cloud also, but in November. Hope its as nice as the Wind. I didn't see you on this tour of the Rock of Gibraltar. So I thought I would post a picture of our tour guide.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/jdtmvkiu14a9ggc/gibraltar%205.jpg

Hope the picture makes it from Dropbox? Trying to figure out how to embed pictures in posts?