How long to get an email answer from Celebrity Guest Relations - 8 days and waiting?

Raven17

Here is the way I am looking at my problem.

A Celebrity website glitch changed our Celebrity Select Dining to traditional dining. I called and they said they can't change it back. I explained how the website changed it, not me. Didn't matter. I emailed and said that I wanted what I originally booked changed back in a week or I would take my future business elsewhere. No answer.

Wife and I are 53/55, recently retired and will do at least 2 cruises a year. Hopefully we can do this for 30 years.

My take is the lack of response by Celebrity is a message to me that my future business is not important. If they don't want my future dollars I am sure another company will.

It takes very little to keep our business: respect and understanding is all. We are not high maintenance, but on those few occasions where something goes wrong, and it is not my fault, I do expect things to be resolved.

Thank you to the persons who suggested I contact Michael at Celebrity. I emailed him yesterday and today not only did I get a reply from Celebrity, they changed us back to Celebrity Select Dining!!!!!!

Needless to say we are pretty pleased this was resolved..

Here's a transcript of the call I got back from the "Contact Michael" email:

Hello Mr. Smith.So sorry to hear that you've been calling and waiting on hold for 45 minutes each time. We're very busy, you know. No one ever responded to your faxed request to transfer your booking to a travel agent? Well, we don't know anything about that but its too late now. Yes, I realize you sent the request three weeks ago. We're so sorry. Very busy you know. So the Choice Air representative gave you the incorrect information on your booking class and Air France wants $500 to fix it? So sorry to hear that. They're very busy you know. I understand that, while you were waiting on hold for the 5th time to discuss this with the Executive Customer Relations department that your cruise fare dropped by $2,000? So sorry to hear that. We're very busy you know. it's the "wave" season." No, there's nothing we can do for you. Have a wonderful trip! Goodbye Mr. Smith!!!!

Here's a transcript of the call I got back from the "Contact Michael" email:

Hello Mr. Smith.So sorry to hear that you've been calling and waiting on hold for 45 minutes each time. We're very busy, you know. No one ever responded to your faxed request to transfer your booking to a travel agent? Well, we don't know anything about that but its too late now. Yes, I realize you sent the request three weeks ago. We're so sorry. Very busy you know. So the Choice Air representative gave you the incorrect information on your booking class and Air France wants $500 to fix it? So sorry to hear that. They're very busy you know. I understand that, while you were waiting on hold for the 5th time to discuss this with the Executive Customer Relations department that your cruise fare dropped by $2,000? So sorry to hear that. We're very busy you know. it's the "wave" season." No, there's nothing we can do for you. Have a wonderful trip! Goodbye Mr. Smith!!!!

:eek::eek::eek:

While reading I thought it was a joke, then the reply became so appalling that I was shocked. Not just from the dismissive content but the very bad English.

Sorry, but I know USA and UK are two countries separated by one language! but who is employing these numbskulls?

Surely, it must be a pre-requisite of an English speaking Celebrity Customer Service department in the USA to employ those who have basic English language skills, coupled with some semblance of empathy for a client, and a comprehension of what they actually put to paper.

Celebrity, what is going on????:eek::eek:

I had OBC left over from the second leg of my B2B in Oct/ Nov. Waited one month for the credit to show up then e-mailed Celebrity. Three weeks later I got a phone call. He said my refund was credited to someone named Jason- I am NOT married to a Jason. He blamed the incorrect refund on my Travel Agent!????? I did get the refund a few days later. The Celebrity agent said they were understaffed and that is the reason for the slow response time. By the way...we spent over the OBC on the first leg of the trip and Celebrity had no problem charging it to the CORRECT credit card. Sure could have used Jason for that;)

• 1 year later...

After reading the thread about trying to contact Celebrity, we were very pessimistic about resolving a problem with our upcoming reservation. When making our reservation over the phone we were promised a bonus package. When we received the invoice, there was no mention of the bonus. We tried to reach Celebrity through email and the website but were unsuccessful.

After searching the web for other ways to contact Celebrity we found information for contacting senior management on elliott.org. We received immediate attention by the One Touch service team who contacted us by email and the next day by phone and within an hour the invoice was corrected to honor the original commitments. The service was pleasant, gracious and efficient restoring our faith in Celebrity.

The contact information for the One Touch department is: celebrityonetouch@celebrity,com

Tel: 1-800-256-6649

Edited by skrf cruisers