dueling piano players and tips

markf

• 1 month later...
I totally closed down the Howl at The Moon in Indianapolis last night. :D I'm ready for the one on the ship.

Just thought I'd share. :p

Tried to get in that one about a year ago.....The NFL Combine was in town. Didn't stand a chance on getting in.

NOW....the Pat O'Briens in NOLA - I've closed it down, I've opened it and if memory serves, me and the DH got thrown out of it. We may or may not have gotten engaged there too. :rolleyes:

I love dueling pianos bars with a passion. I'm a good tipper, my songs always get played. LOL

This is SO not true. I was on the March 16 Breakaway sailing, and people offered Howl at the Moon $20 to play a song, but if someone else then offered $25 not to play the song, the song wasn't played.

I didn't know this was the norm for dueling pianos. But I didn't give them any money, because I didn't want to waste it in case someone else offered them more money not to play the song I wanted to hear.

NCL emailed me a questionnaire about the cruise. I told them I found Howl at the Moon offensive, as they spent more time asking for money than they did playing the pianos. That's because I didn't know that things were supposed to be like that.

Too funny! We were on the 3/16 Breakaway and Howl at the Moon helped make it one of our best cruises ever. We had a blast and gleefully tipped them to play what we wanted to hear, sing and dance to! It was soooooooooo much fun. We cannot wait to do it again.

The tip requests are just part of the act. The music and banter were good and plentiful.

It was a good week to be on the Breakaway. It was the last week for quite a few of the musicians. Sitting in with others was rampant and we benefitted from it in a wonderful, loud and very entertaining way.