Liberty cabin 8357 conflicting info Help

dotheyes

6393,7345,8357 are all 1A cabins that have two twins, usually put together, that are in line with the ship's direction: head of bed is forward, foot of bed towards stern. Above the bed is a crank for a draw down cot? These 1A's are larger than the usual inside cabins and are better for those who have motion sickness. They have counterparts on the port side, only 6 of these cabins on the entire ship. I've traveled in these for 80% of my solo voyages, and I definitely prefer them to the 1A porthole cabins in the front of the ship. Those are narrower, noisier and rock too much for me..

Okay, now I'm confused. I'm looking at a photo of 8357 at the CCL web site, and it clearly shows a single lower berth and a single Pullman upper berth above it. They call the lower berth a "twin" bed, but it is for one person. You're not pushing anything together is this cabin.

I then looked at 8358, and it has two lower singles that can be pushed together.

I'd show the photos, but they are embedded in Flash animation.

Edit: I did a screen capture, it's small but here ya' go.

Is there something I am missing here?

70001.jpg.ccec6e1e7d492180048943cce234c6d6.jpg

Edited by loubetti
Adding photo

• 2 months later...

I stayed in this cabin on the Liberty, but it was in 2008. So things may have changed. On my sailing it was an upper/lower.

this is what I wrote about it at the time ...

CABIN

1A #8357. I was traveling solo, and this room was spacious. Truthfully they could have had two beds on the floor in there just fine, but whatever. It took some getting used to sleeping on a twin bed. I’m a little on the tall side, and usually sleep diagonally on beds. I only smashed my knuckles into the wall once whilst trying to flip off the comforter. (as in remove, not give the bird).

I liked the layout of my cabin, and thought it was plenty roomy. I did have plenty of hangers … but if I’d been traveling with someone else there would not have been enough. One might conclude I may have slightly over packed. Truthfully there were only a couple things I didn’t wear, but I had more vacation yet to come after the cruise. :-P

I had plenty of room on the shelves in the bathroom for all my stuff. The hair dryer, though small, was actually pretty good. Not as wimpy as I’d expected. I did bring my own simply because I need a diffuser. ...<snip>

I have also stayed in chins where people swore up and down the beds could not be converted to a king (because that's what carnival's site told them) and reality was they could be. GO with the pictures you've seen. That's what I did with my 4Js (1004, 1003) and in the end the pictures were correct.

I stayed in this cabin on the Liberty, but it was in 2008. So things may have changed. On my sailing it was an upper/lower.

this is what I wrote about it at the time ...

I have also stayed in chins where people swore up and down the beds could not be converted to a king (because that's what carnival's site told them) and reality was they could be. GO with the pictures you've seen. That's what I did with my 4Js (1004, 1003) and in the end the pictures were correct.

Thanks so much BSQ!

• 2 months later...