NLC Gem Penthouse

canbil

hi just booked cabin 8630 penthouse on the gem. Just wondering if anyone has stayed here and has any feedback. How big is the balcony?

Thanks

We have been in some suites on the Jewel class - which one is this? I never remember numbers, and the term penthouse seems to be applied to many different types of suites.

I just did a google of "ncl penthouse 8630" and a number of videos came up for sister ships. I would say they are pretty much the same. (Jade, Gem, Pearl)

Edited by garycarla

I don't know if you can change cabins but if you can, try to change to a penthouse on deck 10. The balconys are much bigger on this deck. If not, I am sure yours will be big enough. The ones on deck ten fit two loungers, a table and two chairs with plenty if room to spare. The loungers fit straight with room to walk around them. I think the actual cabins are exactly the same except for the balcony. I loved my aft penthouse (10166) on the Gem and rebooked it again.

Besides the extra room on balcony on deck 10...it is also a bit quieter...deck 8 is closer to the lounge noise below..which has some late night parties..if I remember correctly.,..

I don't know if you can change cabins but if you can, try to change to a penthouse on deck 10. The balconys are much bigger on this deck. If not, I am sure yours will be big enough. The ones on deck ten fit two loungers, a table and two chairs with plenty if room to spare. The loungers fit straight with room to walk around them. I think the actual cabins are exactly the same except for the balcony. I loved my aft penthouse (10166) on the Gem and rebooked it again.

Any pics of balcony??

I probably have some still in my camera but am ashamed to say that I have no idea of how to post them. I am totally inept when it comes to technology. Sorry I cannot help you.

No worries will have a google for it thanks

Donnabonna do u have any pics u could post please of the balcony

I'm not Donnabonna, but this is the balcony of 10666 on the Jade, one of the Gem's sister ships. The balconies of the aft-facing suites on Deck 10 are larger (deeper) than the balconies of the aft-facing suites on the other decks. I've also included a photo of (some of) the cabin interior.

MedCruise2010630.jpg

MedCruise20102598.jpg

(photos by turtles06)

I always book a aft suite but on deck 9 except my next cruise which is on 14th deck a Haven suite.

I love the aft deck sorry I do not have any photos but I would not book it if I did not like it

what are the balconies like on deck 9??

OK so would you (anyone) move to deck 9 instead of deck 8?

With the caveat that I haven't been on Deck 9, I don't believe the balconies on Deck 9 are as large (deep) as they are on Deck 10. In this photo below (of the Jade, sister of the Gem), the woman in the middle is standing on the balcony of 10668; looking at the balconies in Deck 9, they don't have as many panels in their dividers as do the balconies on Deck 10 (see the photo in my earlier post above). (Also, my recollection from other threads is that the Deck 10 balconies are larger, but of course doing a search will be the best confirmation.)

That said, on the Gem, if I couldn't be on Deck 10, I would still pick Deck 9 over Deck 8 because on Deck 9 you have cabins above and below you (my personal preference when choosing a cabin), and on Deck 8 you have the Bliss Lounge and bowling alley beneath you.

MedCruise20102292.jpg

(photo by turtles06)

Thank you so much! I was going to book deck 9, since one became available but realized it's a handicap access room. I would not want to book that should someone else need it. Also not sure about the layout. I'll stay on deck 8 :)

I can not remember deep they are but room for 2 people a couple of chairs and a small table. What I like is that if you look where deck 7. 8. 9 and 10 have deck 0 is between 2 decks of rooms no resturants or bars