Elation Specifics For Kids

Fa310tx

I'm taking the family (5 kids!!!) on a cruise, this year.

My wife has wanted to take the kids on a vacation, ever since we've had them (kids and vacations), and I've fought her the entire way.

Hehehe...

I say, it's not a vacation if the kids are there.

I'm actually kind of excited about this, though (we don't have to be around them all day!!!).

Regardless...

I saw a review of the Norwegian Jewel that said the kids club stuff was only free on sea days.

I didn't see similar issues with Norwegian Dawn, so things seem like they may change line-to-line or even ship-to-ship.

We're looking at doing the Carnival Elation (wife and I did the same cruise, last year).

I just want to make sure I know all the details about the kids, before I get there.

At cruise time, our kids will be 2, 6, 8, 10, and 12 (I think).

We're looking at November or December, for sailing dates (cheaper tickets).

I have seen information about the age breakdowns and that there is a charge for late-night kids activities.

Other than that, though, this is new territory.

We're looking at getting two rooms (one for wife, myself, and 2 year old and the other for other four kids).

JJ

We sailed Elation last year as a quick getaway with a 9 and an 11 year old.

The clubs do charge a per hour/per child fee for late night. This started at 10 or 10:30 pm I believe and went until 3 am. Any other time there is no charge while the clubs are open. I don't have any experience with the babies but maybe someone else will chime in.

My kids didn't care for the staff or activities on this ship. My niece said there was lots of looking at magazines while the staff sat around and chatted. We spent most of our ship time at the pool.

The entertainment staff on the other hand was fantastic. I know they rotate but if you are lucky enough to meet Peetah, Pearl and Chad you will have a great time.

I can only think of two extra fee activities for the kid's clubs. The Night Owls which starts about 10p and the faux Build-a-Bear.

The clubs do start at two. Your youngest cannot go to the club if s/he is not two when you board the ship. If her(?) birthday is in the middle of the cruise you will be SOL.

Alos look on the Family board. Somewhere I have seen the clubs' schedules. The schedules are the same ship-to-ship with little variation.

Edited by SadieN

I'm actually kind of excited about this, though (we don't have to be around them all day!!!).

***True! We take our 3 kids, and we always eat breakfast and dinner with them but during the day we let them be in the kids clubs.

I have seen information about the age breakdowns and that there is a charge for late-night kids activities.

***True also. Our kids did not cost us anything extra as we had them in bed by the time Night Owl fees started. However, with a littler ones, you might opt to pay for some babysitting fees on a night or two. Our kids were a little older so we just got them settled in the cabin and got them to sleep and away we went!

We're looking at getting two rooms (one for wife, myself, and 2 year old and the other for other four kids).

***You will have to book the cabins with 1 adult and some kids in one and the other adult and some kids in the other. Once we boarded, we were able to switch room cards and have hubby and I in one and the kids in another. Carnival was very accommodating on both cruises that we have done this on.

We loved the Elation and so did our kids! Have fun!

The clubs do start at two. Your youngest cannot go to the club if s/he is not two when you board the ship. If her(?) birthday is in the middle of the cruise you will be SOL.

Son is 1, right now, but will be 2, at sailing.

JJ

Check on the kids sail free deal they have going for the summer.

I noticed the deal, but it ended up being more expensive.

Summer cruises are more and we'd only be getting 3 of the 5 kids free.

JJ

• 2 months later...