First Vision cruise, SO excited!!! Questions ~

After 4 hours on the phone with the hubby (he's an OTR truck driver - most of our communication is over the phone) we finally decided what our next cruise will be! We are going to do the 3/7/15 sailing on Vision! Had my heart set on Freedom, even had a pic of Freedom as my computer wallpaper but after looking at itineraries, prices and available handicap accessible cabins we are now doing a ship I have never even looked at before. SO excited to finally know the ship and the date so I can start learning as much as I can about it, and making plans. I LOVE pre-cruise fever! If anyone has stories, photos, info. advice etc about this ship and it's Western Caribbean itinerary to share I would love to see it! I would REALLY love to see photos or video of the handicap accessible balcony cabins! I have sailed on Enchantment (in '09) and would love to hear about any major differences. The ports of call are Roatan, Honduras; Belize City, Belize; Costa Maya, Mexico; Cozumel, Mexico. If anyone can tell me which of these are tendered and which are docked I would greatly appreciate it, as I can't do a tender in my power chair. Happy sailing!

The wife and I did the Vision on a Southern Caribbean cruise and loved it. The Vision, being a smaller sim palls you to have much more interaction with the staff. I am not sure if the same captain will be on the ship for your cruise, but if he is, he was the most visible Captain we have ever encountered. We had him Line Dancing with other officers, he played the water volleyball, and was constantly seen around the ship.

As noted, Belize is the only port that requires tender of those ports you noted. The doc at Costa Maya is a ways out but the doc is all good concrete and you should have no issues. They do have a tram going between the port shops and the ship.

Cruise fever is the best and I hope you have a wonderful cruise on the Vision.

We are on the same cruise in December. Our other 2 cruises were both on Freedom. Looking forward to trying a different class and 3 new ports (we have been to Cozumel and loved it! - El Cid day pass). We may not tender in Belize, due to hearing you need to get out of the immediate area to find things to do, with 3 kids, that may not happen. Still researching options. Maybe a good day to enjoy an empty ship. Enjoy your cruise and the excitement leading up to it!

Thank you guys SO much! It's great to learn that only the one port is tendered!!! TxKroozer, I love that about smaller ships - my first two cruises were on Sovereign. I was heart broken when she got sent to Azamara. I am excited to hear that we might get to experience something similar on Vision! I have always wanted to go to Belize because in photos and video the water there is so breathtaking, and even though I won't be able to get off the ship I'll still be able to see that in person, and have the day to enjoy the empty ship too. Best of both worlds. :)

I LOVE pre-cruise fever! If anyone has stories, photos, info. advice etc about this ship and it's Western Caribbean itinerary to share I would love to see it! I would REALLY love to see photos.....

This should help you quite a bit :)

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1973232

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1944034

You'll feel very familiar with Vision if you remember your time on the Enchantment... biggest difference is the middle of the ship where Enchantment was "stretched" so the Enchantment pool deck is longer and has two pools, Enchantment has the Boleros Bar/not on Vision, etc. The Vision has been "re-vitalized"... or other people have said "Oasis-ized"... with more dining venues, updated cabins, various renovated areas, etc.

Ask away if you have any questions. With a power chair, things are going to be so very easy to navigate and get around to. Great ship... you are going to have a great cruise!!:D

I'll be sailing Vision may 17, I love to take pictures I'll post a link after. Any recent cabin pictures of OV . On my reservation link the cabin is YUCK. Hope it was updated. Any fellow cruisers have any recent pics please post. Thanks

Sent using the Cruise Critic forums app

I'll be sailing Vision may 17, I love to take pictures I'll post a link after. Any recent cabin pictures of OV . On my reservation link the cabin is YUCK. Hope it was updated. Any fellow cruisers have any recent pics please post. Thanks

Sent using the Cruise Critic forums app

Awesome! I'll be looking forward to seeing your photos!

Spent two weeks on Vision last month and we absolutely loved, loved, it! The smaller ships are for us. Everybody knows your name and it's far more relaxing....in my opinion. Here is the link to the review that I did when we got back. This was a Spanish Immersion cruise, so it will be a little different from yours, but you can see pictures of the ship. I love Costa Maya. One of our favorite ports.

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2000899

Edited by max'smom

We did that itinerary in 2011 on Mariner of the Seas. It was fantastic! If your interested in seeing pictures, you might like to see the ones my wife took and made into slide shows for her website. The link below will take you to the section on her website that is all about that cruise, including the shore excursions.

Dec 2011 Mariner of the Seas Western Caribbean

We are booked on Vision of the Seas next year. I would love to see reviews and pictures when all of you get back from your cruises!

Happy cruising to all! It's a great way to see the world!!! :D

The smaller ships are for us.

While I do want to try the bigger ships at least once, I have a feeling that's going to be the case for us too. I LOVED the Sovereign so much. Did 2 short cruises on her before she left the fleet and the crew was beyond amazing both times.

Spent two weeks on Vision last month and we absolutely loved' date=' loved, it! The smaller ships are for us. Everybody knows your name and it's far more relaxing....in my opinion. Here is the link to the review that I did when we got back. This was a Spanish Immersion cruise, so it will be a little different from yours, but you can see pictures of the ship. I love Costa Maya. One of our favorite ports.

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2000899

[/size']

I really enjoyed reading your review and pictures. I have a couple of questions and your answers may be helpful to other readers and well as for me.

1. Will it be a problem for us to have a table for two and mealtimes? I know it's a small ship so that's why I'm asking.

2. We will be in a full suite. We are not diamond yet, but we're working on it. :D Is there a separate Concierge Lounge for suite guests?

Thanks in advance for your answers!

Edited by JimAOk1945

I really enjoyed reading your review and pictures. I have a couple of questions and your answers may be helpful to other readers and well as for me.

1. Will it be a problem for us to have a table for two and mealtimes? I know it's a small ship so that's why I'm asking.

My only experience on the Vision is with MTD and there was ample tables for two there.

2. We will be in a full suite. We are not diamond yet, but we're working on it. :D Is there a separate Concierge Lounge for suite guests?

As suite guests you will use the CL which is located in a portion of the Viking Crown Lounge and it is separate from the Diamond Club which is on Deck 6, I think.

Answers in red.

We were on Legend (Vision sister ship) in Jan/Feb for 21 nights. We are D+ and the concierge lounge is on deck 9. We spent our evenings for pre-dinner drink there. Also, in the MDR, there were plenty of tables for 2. We did do the MTD (my time dining). As soon as you get on the ship, go directly to the MDR to see what your table assignment is (if you are on traditional dining). If it is not a 2 top, ask the host if you can be changed, and if none are available, ask to switch to MTD. We did not make reservations, and did not have to wait for a table more than a couple minutes. I think it should be the same on the Vision.

You will love the size of the ship. The crew were wonderful on Legend. Also the addition of the Park Cafe was great for lunches, or late night snacks (love those cookies!).

Bill is correct. you should not have any problems getting a table for two. We were on our own on the Vision and had a table for two every night. We had MTD, but if you have traditional dining....it should not be a problem. If you get there and find that you don't have a table for two (traditional)....just speak to the Maitre D and that will be corrected for you.

The Concierge Lounge is nice but small. I love the view from up there. I would go in every morning for my coffee and some quiet time. Hopefully Betsy Medrano will be your Concierge. She is wonderful. She is on vacation right now, but will be back on April 19th and will stay until some time in November.

Bill is correct. you should not have any problems getting a table for two. We were on our own on the Vision and had a table for two every night. We had MTD' date=' but if you have traditional dining....it should not be a problem. If you get there and find that you don't have a table for two (traditional)....just speak to the Maitre D and that will be corrected for you.

The Concierge Lounge is nice but small. I love the view from up there. I would go in every morning for my coffee and some quiet time. Hopefully Betsy Medrano will be your Concierge. She is wonderful. She is on vacation right now, but will be back on April 19th and will stay until some time in November.[/size']

Thanks Jane! I think we will probably go with MTD. I like flexibility.

We are on your same sailing. I found a great You tube video that shows the ship. Go to you tube and search Vision of the Seas 2014.

Awesome! I am so insanely excited about this cruise! I have watched everything I can find about Vision on youtube at least 3 times. I am driving my family crazy lol

We are on your same sailing. I found a great You tube video that shows the ship. Go to you tube and search Vision of the Seas 2014.

There is already a roll call set up for this sailing. Join us? Here is the direct link. http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?p=42261708&posted=1#post42261708

Opps, disregard... I see you there!

Edited by HHFamily