Shade on Breakaway

c breeze

Can anyone tell me all the deck areas (free or fee) that have shaded sections? Any and all info would be most appreciated, as I enjoy being on deck and having a view of the ocean, but must avoid prolonged sun exposure. We are in a balcony cabin (BA) so no special access to special deck areas with the cabin. Thanks!

You will not be disappointed! As a previous poster mentioned, there are tons of places to sit on the pool deck and other free areas that have both shade and a view of the ocean. Many areas of the waterfront have both shade and a great view! I can't recall the exact location, but there are some very comfy padded sofa type loungers on the waterfront somewhere that will give you the best of both worlds. Your balcony during certain times of day will be fine, depending on where you are. Have no fear, you will find lots of places. And you won't have to pay for shade and an ocean view if you don't want to. I do not believe Spice has many shady areas, so that will probably be a no go for you.

Stay safe and enjoy!!

Edited by dcollette

One of the places I enjoy the most is "on the Waterfront". There are plenty of comfy chairs and you are under a roof so it is shady. DH cannot do the sun and that is where we hang mainly because itis quieter.

Spice has umbrellas and some covered lounges. This is another adult only spot. Spice also has a waterfall area that you can hang out in to stay cool.

There is losts of shaded spots around the pool.

As other posters have mentioned... on the Waterfront on deck 8 we usually hang out in the recessed area near the Italian restaurant. This has a deeper area away from the sun and wind... it is a great place to play Scrabble or other board games with tables too. :)