Is an 11:30am return flight from Venice possible?

mzharmuny

We are booking a Sept 6th-13th Greek NCL Greek Isle cruise. In looking at return flights, would we be able to make an 11:30am return flight if we dock at Venice port at 8am? thanks

Depends on what transport you have lined up when disembarking the Jade to get to Marco Polo airport. If you are flying in Europe, you would really need to be at the airport by around 9.45am at the latest. The transfer time to the airport by land car/taxi is around 25 minutes, so if you are off the ship by 9.00am at the latest ,have a car booked, you should be OK. One problem however with Venice can sometimes be fog delaying the docking of the ship. If that were to happen, you would probably not make a 11.30am flight.

Not really. The times are different.

11:30 vs 11:35 seems pretty close to me.

But regardless of the time, the considerations are the same ... it takes 20 minutes to reach the airport and you should be there 2-3 hrs prior to your flight depending on your destination. And the big worry with booking an early flight is... could there be a delay that will prevent disembarking by 8am?

11:30 vs 11:35 seems pretty close to me.

But regardless of the time, the considerations are the same ... it takes 20 minutes to reach the airport and you should be there 2-3 hrs prior to your flight depending on your destination. And the big worry with booking an early flight is... could there be a delay that will prevent disembarking by 8am?

I was not referring to the times of the flights. The opening post was :

Venice - Is 11:35 am return flight doable with 6:45 am arrival. !

Your last line was also covered by my post

Venice airport is not the most efficient We had a flight back to Rome and the luggage check in belt stopped working. People were in a panic missing flights. It took us an hour to check in. I would suggest having a driver waiting for you if you wish to take that flight especially if it is international. I personally wouldn't risk it. Oh and they are very strict regarding carry on luggage we had to check ours as our laptop bag they felt was too large