Downgrading Cabins

me_plus_3

Hi all! I am booked on the Carnival Dream in a regular balcony cabin. My cruise is paid in full. After researching more, I think I might prefer a cove balcony to a regular balcony. Has anyone ever "downgraded" cabins?

I was able to "downgrade" from a lido balcony to an empress balcony but it wasn't easy. I was told they normally won't do it, but I was able to plead with a supervisor who was able to make the change. I was surprised they don't normally do that, especially since each cabin was the same price.

Hi all! I am booked on the Carnival Dream in a regular balcony cabin. My cruise is paid in full. After researching more, I think I might prefer a cove balcony to a regular balcony. Has anyone ever "downgraded" cabins?

Can't give any info on downgrading but we had the cove balcony on the dream in January. LOVED IT!! Weather was perfect.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

You say that you are paid in full. Does that mean that you are passed final payment? And are you booked with the Early Saver rate. If the answer to both of those questions is no, then you definitely can downgrade. The reason is that you can cancel & get a full refund, then rebook with whatever available room you want. It's easier for them to just simply downgrade you. But if you are Early Saver, no downgrading is allowed & the deposit is nonrefundable. And if it's passed final payment, you cannot get any full refunds. They would have to bend/break rules for you to downgrade, but you can always ask.

Cove balconies are awesome, much better than those deck 6 balconies, which are partially obstructed by the deck 5 lanai sticking out. But some of the cove balconies are right below the noisy galley/kitchen, so choose wisely. Then again, your deck 6 balcony could be above a noisy deck 5 spot.

I'm not sure what you mean by passed final payment. I know that if I try to cancel online it shows a penalty of $1000. We are on deck 8 currently if that makes a difference. I'll call today. The worst they can tell me is no.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I'm not sure what you mean by passed final payment. I know that if I try to cancel online it shows a penalty of $1000. We are on deck 8 currently if that makes a difference. I'll call today. The worst they can tell me is no.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

If it's showing a penalty then you are probably past final payment (the date in which the cruise must be paid).

Did you book an early saver rate?