Diamond plus and above u can book dinner

just got off the phone with dynamic dining and I asked why I was not preselected and was told they only preselected people who had made reservations and wanted set dining times not my time dining. When I made my reservations which was in the beginning of March only my time dining was a choice so we took it. So it was not a lottery system. I then asked if there were times still available for May 15 and the answer was THERE SHOULD BE not there WILL BE. This is not at all reassuring.

Personally I think the reason Quantum is leaving for China is because the reservations are not going as they want and they can't make the necessary changes. The Anthem is still being built and then can make the changes on that ship. Probably more seating capacity at desired times which appear to be around 7:00.

We were preselected for dining and had MTD. Can't believe the rollercoaster ride we are getting with Quantum.

just got off the phone with dynamic dining and I asked why I was not preselected and was told they only preselected people who had made reservations and wanted set dining times not my time dining. When I made my reservations which was in the beginning of March only my time dining was a choice so we took it. So it was not a lottery system. I then asked if there were times still available for May 15 and the answer was THERE SHOULD BE not there WILL BE. This is not at all reassuring.

Personally I think the reason Quantum is leaving for China is because the reservations are not going as they want and they can't make the necessary changes. The Anthem is still being built and then can make the changes on that ship. Probably more seating capacity at desired times which appear to be around 7:00.

If you booked March of 2014, then I can see why you weren't selected. They probably took a pool from people who were booked long before the announcement of Dynamic Dining. They might even have had the "pre-selecties" selected before March. We booked last May and I'm not even worried about times. They open 5-10% of the tables in each venue. Not a huge deal. If your times change by 15 minutes, I don't think it's going to ruin anyones cruise.

Personally, I can't wait for May 10th? 12th? so I can book and get that taken care of. And also, to stop hearing about people not getting in the pre-selected group. Some people were chosen, some were not. They could choose someone because they have blonde hair or because they have a cool last name. The only perk is getting Coastal Kitchen if you weren't in a suite, but got pre-selected. If people are so angry about pre-selects getting into Coastal Kitchen, then you should have booked a suite or upgrade to get CK. The mentality sometimes on this board is like when a kid complains to their mom, "But, but Jimmy got THIS.."

Do a few "Woo-saaaaah"'s (Kudos to those who know what movie it's from) and enjoy planning your cruise. Dining will be fine. There will be a very small minority that rushes to book as soon as they open dining. Probably like 75% of those who make dining reservations the first day are on cruise critic.

Edited by hitaway4

In reading a number of posts, a variety of people were "pre-selected". from Gold to Platinum and up. We are Diamond, in a balcony, and booked the Quantum while on the Allure in May 2013. We have an April 2015 sailing. We always do a fixed 6:00pm dining time/early seating ---whatever you want to call it. I spoke to the dining reservation agent on the phone a few times when making our dining reservations. We got a 5:45pm time for all the nights at the complimentary venues, Chic, American Icon, Silk, Grande and even Coastal Kitchen. She always said there were plenty of times. I was never told reservations are for Diamond+ and Pinnacle only.....I was never told it was only for those who had set MDR times. I could not book any pay lunch venues, yet. There is a lot of confusion and I believe that RCI is trying to see how the reservations go with this "test" group. I believe it is random in how those were "pre-selected". I am not sure if Boston Lab Girl spoke to someone on the actual dining phone number or just a RCI agent. I can see how an agent could give out wrong information. I know that in speaking with the lady doing my dining, if a question arose , she put me on hold to ask someone for the answer. I am not sure what May 15th will be like....if it is online , it may crash...if it is by phone, I can see some long wait times. But Hitawy4 is right that there are tons of people who cruise and do the dining just before the cruise date. So do not freak out!!!