Diamond plus and above u can book dinner

Do you think they are prebooking to see how popular a restaurant is going to be. Statistically 8000 people should give them a good idea of how this is going to work. If they don't evenly book they can make changes or do more build up of the restaurants that are not booking well. I do know if I can't get what I want on May 15 I'll just cancell.

I absolutely understand that RCC wants to encourage and build loyalty. But, if us lowly Platinums (or Golds and newbies) can't book dining times before May 15th, and if we then have difficulty getting decent dining times…it's not going to inspire loyalty. Quite the opposite. I'm very much looking forward to the new approach to dining and the new restaurants - both those that are included in the base cabin few and those that have an surcharge. But, it makes me a bit concerned to be reading that those with "early booking privileges are having trouble getting their preferred dining times. Doesn't bode well for the rest of us.

I would suggest that if you want to find out if you have been pre-selected a quick phone call to C&A will give you that information. It is noted in your booking if you have been pre-selected. From what the young man told me, they are not going to be calling 8000 people!:eek:

Here is the number to the D+ desk 1-800-526-9723 (Press "9" anytime during the greeting).

I had to call C&A tonight on an unrelated matter and since I had the young man on the phone I thought I would ask about Quantum dining reservations. He asked for our booking numbers and saw that we were also pre-selected. :D

All of our days are reserved at the times we wanted and at the places we wanted. We did leave several days open for Specialty Dining.

Edited by cruisenfever

I called an hour and a half ago and was told I had been preselected so I made all my reservations for the times I wanted, no problem, a different restaurant every night. I left my preferred Chef's Table night open since it's not available to book yet.

Of course if you book the paid restaurants it must be paid when booked but they can be canceled up until a week before sailing.

We always eat at the standard late dining time or close to it so we can see early shows.

There was no note of my being pre-qualified on my reservation. I had to call the D+ desk and ask. My reservation still showed MTD.

Looking at it now, MTD shows but also 10 reservations are showing under specialty dining reservations. Right before I called them I went to that link it said it wasn't available for booking because I tried it there, too.

Gina

Edited by mommabean

I called an hour and a half ago and was told I had been preselected so I made all my reservations for the times I wanted, no problem, a different restaurant every night. I left my preferred Chef's Table night open since it's not available to book yet.

Of course if you book the paid restaurants it must be paid when booked but they can be canceled up until a week before sailing.

We always eat at the standard late dining time or close to it so we can see early shows.

There was no note of my being pre-qualified on my reservation. I had to call the D+ desk and ask. My reservation still showed MTD.

Looking at it now, MTD shows but also 10 reservations are showing under specialty dining reservations. Right before I called them I went to that link it said it wasn't available for booking because I tried it there, too.

Gina

Being per-qualified for making dining arrangements prior to May 15th won't show up on your reservation. It is noted on your file when C&A opens up your reservation on their end.

On our Vacation Planner, our MTD changed to Dynamic Dining on March 26.:)

Edited by cruisenfever

I'm 'only' diamond. :(

Me too! We are booked through an online TA. I assume I have to go through them for my booking to see if I'm preselected or can I call RCCL directly?

Being per-qualified for making dining arrangements prior to May 15th won't show up on your reservation. It is noted on your file when C&A opens up your reservation on their end.

On our Vacation Planner, our MTD changed to Dynamic Dining on March 26.:)

Mine still shows MTD which seems sort of silly since there is no such thing. Although it does show dynamic dining through cruising power along with a confirmed table for 2 which the D+ desk said couldn't be confirmed at this time.

Gina

But, it makes me a bit concerned to be reading that those with "early booking privileges are having trouble getting their preferred dining times. Doesn't bode well for the rest of us.

Coastal Kitchen was the only one I had problems with, and I have a party of 5. Agent said it was very popular. I told him that I expected that Royal would have to limit nights here.

Here is the number to the D+ desk 1-800-526-9723 (Press "9" anytime during the greeting).

We did leave several days open for Specialty Dining.

Yes, I called the D+ desk. The agent did encourage me to leave nights open for specialty, but I didn't see the need as the regular menus looked interesting. That may be a problem if everyone else thinks the same way.

The agent I spoke with was very helpful but he said that it was all new to them still. I expect that there will be adjustments as time goes on, depending on how people are booking.

I asked him if full suites could order any of the Dynamic dining menus for room service. He didn't know yet.

Good Morning all,

I am Diamond Plus, didn't get a call and when I went into my Dec 12, 2014 reservation I couldn't make any dining reservations. OK am I doing something wrong? It would be under the pre-cruise tab and then drink and food category correct?

Thanks!

Good Morning all,

I am Diamond Plus, didn't get a call and when I went into my Dec 12, 2014 reservation I couldn't make any dining reservations. OK am I doing something wrong? It would be under the pre-cruise tab and then drink and food category correct?

Thanks!

Your correct, I had the same problem Anne. I was not selected either.

Your correct, I had the same problem Anne. I was not selected either.

Ken, thanks for letting me know. It's no big deal I guess just wanted to make sure I was going on the site the correct way and all. I guess we will have to wait until May 15th like everyone else. The only thing I will be mad about is if I cannot get into the dining options I want at the times I wanted because others were allowed to book. But whatever...:rolleyes::D

Edited by Annefran

I would suggest that if you want to find out if you have been pre-selected a quick phone call to C&A will give you that information. It is noted in your booking if you have been pre-selected. From what the young man told me, they are not going to be calling 8000 people!:eek:

I had to call C&A tonight on an unrelated matter and since I had the young man on the phone I thought I would ask about Quantum dining reservations. He asked for our booking numbers and saw that we were also pre-selected. :D

All of our days are reserved at the times we wanted and at the places we wanted. We did leave several days open for Specialty Dining.

Thanks for the nudge and the information. I have been meaning to call about having a glass block mailed to me for a recent Radiance cruise we were on but would not have thought to ask about making reservations for Dynamic Dining.

I called this morning, got right through and was able to make reservations for every restaurant I wanted on the evenings I wanted (saving two for specialty dining), all but one at the time I wanted or within 15 minutes of that time.

I asked if the D+ BOGO offer would apply to Wonderland. The agent checked but said had no information one way or the other on that, so I guess we will wait for further info or try to make reservations on board.

Also, I was told no breakfast or lunch reservations are being made at this time, just dinner. The agent also thought that when reservations open generally on May 15th, it will only be for dinner until they see how the online reservation system is working.

Good Morning all,

Thanks!

I didn't get a call, I called the D+ line myself and asked them if I could book. No one can do it online yet.

Good Morning all,

Thanks!

Looking online at your booking will not indicate if you've been preselected or not. You must call the D+ desk at C&A (number in my above post). Give them your booking number and from their screen they can see if you've been preselected or not.

Edited by cruisenfever

Good Morning all,

Thanks!

Call C&A and tell them you are interested in making reservations for Dynamic Dining. The appropriate agent (you may be transferred) will look up your reservation number and tell you if you qualify. I did not get a call, there is nothing on my reservation to indicate I was pre-selected and I was not able to reserve online. However, when I called this morning I was told I could pre-reserve. It took less than 20 minutes.

What does this mean, some of your are leaving nights open for specialty dining. I booked all of my specialty dining except for the only one that wasn't available yet and that one is The Chef's Table. I did save one night for that one.

What does this mean, some of your are leaving nights open for specialty dining. I booked all of my specialty dining except for the only one that wasn't available yet and that one is The Chef's Table. I did save one night for that one.

We haven't had time to research which Specialty Restaurants (those that have an extra charge) we want to try. Will do that before we leave next week and then call back and fill in the 3 open dates that we have.

I know my daughter will want to go to Wonderland and I thought it would be great to go there the first night onboard. However, the agent I spoke with this morning did not know if we would be able to use the BOGO offer for Wonderland so I left the 1st night and one other night open until further information is available. If I can't use the BOGO for Wonderland, I will use it for Chops and go to Wonderland later in the cruise on the other night I left open. If I can use BOGO for Wonderland, I will try to go there the first night and then either plan a different specialty restaurant for the other night or add a complimentary restaurant reservation.

Thank you everyone for the useful information! I was half alseep last night while reading this and decided to call. The nice young man helped me make reservations for my Nov. 18 voyage. I had no trouble with time or venue. It was tough picking a time without knowing when the shows will be, but I'll work around that. I'm getting more and more excited as the days go by. I'm a fan of traditional dining, however, the new menues will be a nice change.

Me too! We are booked through an online TA. I assume I have to go through them for my booking to see if I'm preselected or can I call RCCL directly?

You can call yourself. You don't have to go through your TA. I called directly and was told that I was selected and could book. I was able to book all my dining at all the times I wanted (except no lunch) and could include our friends. Awesome! Thanks everyone who provided info!