Diamond plus and above u can book dinner

I just called Royal Caribbean and was able to book the pay specialty restaurants for the April 12 cruise. I was able to get Wonderland the first night at 7:15, chops the second night at 7 o'clock, and Jamie's Italian on the last night. They did not have any availability for any of the complimentary restaurants. I was also unable to book chefs table at this time. I am a humble Diamond member.

Sent using the Cruise Critic forums app

They did not have any availability for any of the complimentary restaurants. I was also unable to book chefs table at this time. I am a humble Diamond member.

You mean they could not give you any reservations for those places because there were no times left? Because that would be extremely bad form.

Come on our cruise. But we don't have room to feed you.

Edited by marci22

I did not get pre selected and want to eat at 7:30 just like everybody else or the 30 minutes before or after. But doing the math only 50 % will be able to, even adding in all pay restaurants. Unless people eat at the windjammer there will be many people forced to eat either much earlier or much later than they want.

After I booked but before this happened my coworker said they were going to book for April. Today I told her she would be crazy to. She has to wait until after may to see how this turns out. I know there is not going to be anything available.

I just called Royal Caribbean and was able to book the pay specialty restaurants for the April 12 cruise. I was able to get Wonderland the first night at 7:15, chops the second night at 7 o'clock, and Jamie's Italian on the last night. They did not have any availability for any of the complimentary restaurants. I was also unable to book chefs table at this time. I am a humble Diamond member.

The Chef's Table is the only venue not open for booking yet for those selected for the test booking period. They are finalizing the concept as it will be an updated version for Quantum and Anthem.

All bookings can be changed at any time up until 4 days prior to the sailing and after that onboard the ship. Specialty restaurants currently have the same cancelation rules.

I did not get pre selected and want to eat at 7:30 just like everybody else or the 30 minutes before or after. But doing the math only 50 % will be able to, even adding in all pay restaurants. Unless people eat at the windjammer there will be many people forced to eat either much earlier or much later than they want.

I think there are a lot of people who like to eat early, esp families with kids. I prefer 6:30-6:45pm. But I agree that 7:30pm is probably the most popular time.

We are also on the 4/12/2015 cruise & i was able to pre-reserve. I called last night & was able to book Chops the 1st night & was also able to book the comp ones on the nights we wanted. We are in a SGS and were able to book Coastal Kithen. The other nights we will do the Windjammer or room service.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

Hi,

I just got off the phone with Sandy from Dynamic Dining.

I told her how I was interested in booking Coastal Kitchen. That I heard some non suite quests were able to book.

After she went through our reservations names etc. She said that Coastal kitchen is definitely NOT opened up to non suites to book.

Those that did book might be getting a call:confused:

I tried but no go:)

So are there any suite quests willing to take my DH and I under their wing:p

Liz

Due to persistent posts on the roll-call of my sailing on Quantum that non-suite guests were being allowed to book, I called back now.

While the agent was informing me of the same information I had received yesterday another agent overheard the nature of the call. She asked me to hold as new information was just now being made available.

They are allowing bookings for non-suite guest now in Coastal Kitchen.

I am not sure if this is only through the 6th of April as previously reported or not. I did not want anyone to miss out do to my posting what I was told yesterday when I booked all my other reservations.

When companies test reservations systems and the like or even do focus groups or test panels for product development, it is not unusual to offer an 'incentive' to those involved.

I was very happy to book one evening in the Coastal Kitchen.

Okay I called back to the dedicated Quantum dining line and WAS able to book the complimentary venues as well, AND got my 7:00 time! And the icing on the cake was being able to book Coastal Kitchen even though we are in a plain balcony room. Moral of the story: be persistent. Now if I can only figure out how to book Chefs Table...

Okay I called back to the dedicated Quantum dining line and WAS able to book the complimentary venues as well, AND got my 7:00 time! And the icing on the cake was being able to book Coastal Kitchen even though we are in a plain balcony room. Moral of the story: be persistent. Now if I can only figure out how to book Chefs Table...

They are finalizing the adaptions for Quantum / Anthem and it will be available soon. I look forward to booking CT as well.

The reason for the pre booking was not just to work out bugs in the soft ware but to make sure the restaurants are booking evenly . If they are allowing coastal kitchen for non suite it means their plan wasn't working. Not enough suite people were booking coastal kitchen. I usually take a suite and if it were me I wouldn't want to eat in the same restaurant every night. I think they were thinking this would be as popular as bleu is on Celebrity but on Celebrity the alternative was main dining so people would book the aqua suites just to eat there. On quantum the coastal kitchen has no reviews and there are too many amazing restaurants. so they are moving to plan B. I think before May 15 there may be more changes.

The other problem will come up when entertainment is announced. People may want to change pre booked reservations and find they can't get a different time.

I think people who booked in the spring are going to be fine but I not so sure about the November and December sailings.

I am disappointed I wasn't chosen especially since I have sailed close to 20 times with rcl and celebrity.

Are there menu's out for each place.....how do you people already know where and what time you want to eat...........You don't know when shows are or even have any idea what else is going on around the ship at different times........How do you people do it?

Jimbo:)

The reason for the pre booking was not just to work out bugs in the soft ware but to make sure the restaurants are booking evenly . If they are allowing coastal kitchen for non suite it means their plan wasn't working. Not enough suite people were booking coastal kitchen. I usually take a suite and if it were me I wouldn't want to eat in the same restaurant every night. I think they were thinking this would be as popular as bleu is on Celebrity but on Celebrity the alternative was main dining so people would book the aqua suites just to eat there. On quantum the coastal kitchen has no reviews and there are too many amazing restaurants. so they are moving to plan B. I think before May 15 there may be more changes.

The other problem will come up when entertainment is announced. People may want to change pre booked reservations and find they can't get a different time.

I think people who booked in the spring are going to be fine but I not so sure about the November and December sailings.

I am disappointed I wasn't chosen especially since I have sailed close to 20 times with rcl and celebrity.

Pre-bookings have just started and Coastal Kitchen has been open to non-suite passengers since bookings were opened. Many Suite guests probably haven't had a chance to book any dining and, when they do, might be surprised to find that many of the popular dining times aren't available for them to book since RCI has allowed non-suite passengers and their guests to book Coastal Kitchen.

Are there menu's out for each place.....how do you people already know where and what time you want to eat...........You don't know when shows are or even have any idea what else is going on around the ship at different times........How do you people do it?

Jimbo:)

Another CC poster put together this dining guide.

Quantum of the Seas Dining.pdf

Menus can be seen on the RCI website

http://www.royalcaribbean.com/quantumoftheseas/dining/

Show times aren't out yet, but you can see the menus if you just google 'dynamic dining'. Click on 'restaurants, then there is an option to click on 'dinner' and 'complimentary'. This will bring up the 5 free restaurants and the menus.

I think the page is unnecessarily confusing, but you will get used to it if you just click around for awhile.

imo, Coastal Kitchen might not be that popular because people see that beet salad picture and it looks too healthy. If you actually click on the 'visit restaurant' tab, you will see entrees including filet mignon, scallops, salmon, rib eye, lamb, etc.

I think that the one reservation I am going to change is The Grande. The menu looks good but honestly, I don't want to feel that I have to pack formalwear for my entire family. Smart casual is as much as I have energy for nowadays.

Edited by marci22

Had an in depth conversation about an hour or more when I did this because I may have been the first one as the person I was talking to had to put me on hold and clear first if the ok to start the program was givin by the supervisor and that I was on the list, he was shooting emails off to the appropriate people during our conversation and here were some of my questions:

1. My original Q was will Dplus have buy one get one free on the first night and that was a yes again answered thru an email he received back, there was no indication of any restaurant not on that program.

2.Q what occupancy does each rest have:

Mdr 4 options have between 400 to 560

Wonderland I think if I recall 140 and Jaime 86, or vice a versa either way these two your most difficult ut Jaime is a faster pace

3. Q will coastal be free for Dplus, the current answer was no that only suite people would be free but he said that coastal may have changes I got the feeling that they are not sure the volume of traffic they will have and that in the future different loyalty levels will be added

4 Q what times are the shows; that is still not out yet but changes will be allowed on the ship and your loyalty status should allow us to change easily and that normal time is about 1:30 to 1:45 per seating depending on table size but if you have to see a show let your waiter know when u arrive and they will get you out on time

Being that I have about 100 days sailing on the explorer and a lot of then in January I saw postings that 7 or 730 would be the more dominate time but I would totally disagree, I do concede that there will be people from all over on Quantum but the majority will be older and northeastern residents making the 6pm time the more requested. Having to fly all over the USA for meetings for a major company over the years you can tell who is up for breakfast early by where they are from, same thing happened this January on the Seranade ( came out of New Orleans two hour time difference)when you went to the windjammer at noon for lunch it was one third full but the on February on explorer same time and it was difficult to find a seat. Younger and different time zones will decide and the ship right now is only 50% full so the longer it takes to fill the more likely people able to drive will be filling those rooms.

Honestly the only real issue I am concerned about is the terminal, during the teleconference with Adam he grimaced a bit about the question and my contacts have told me there are issues, jersey and labor unions pretty interesting. If you have ever disembarked from Bayonne with the shuttle bus fiasco imagine with 4200 people trying this, that would be a nightmare, hope it gets done in time.

Edited by dodgeball24

Pre-bookings have just started and Coastal Kitchen has been open to non-suite passengers since bookings were opened. Many Suite guests probably haven't had a chance to book any dining and, when they do, might be surprised to find that many of the popular dining times aren't available for them to book since RCI has allowed non-suite passengers and their guests to book Coastal Kitchen.

We are in a Superior Grand Suite on th 4/12/15 sailing and had no issues booking Coastal Kitchen for the 2 nights / times that we wanted to go - I called 2 nights ago.

Pat

We are also on the 4/12/2015 cruise & i was able to pre-reserve. I called last night & was able to book Chops the 1st night & was also able to book the comp ones on the nights we wanted. We are in a SGS and were able to book Coastal Kithen. The other nights we will do the Windjammer or room service.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

May I ask what number you called? We are only diamond but am hoping I can still call and pre-reserve.

I would like to thank dodgeball 24 for asking the questions. The info I got was the venues were only about 435 and figuring.

if the true info is "Mdr 4 options have between 400 to 560" That increases the capacity of the dining rooms. I have no problem starting dinner anytime between 6:00 and 8:00. I was worried if you start at 6:00 then those tables are gone for between 1 and 1/2 to two hours and then you refill them between 7:30 and 8:00 and then they take the same amount of time it didn't seem like there were enough places for everyone. Using the average of the new number the dining capacity seems about 1/2 and I feel better.

I knew if I posted here someone would get the correct answers

Thanks again :)

I would like to thank dodgeball 24 for asking the questions. The info I got was the venues were only about 435 and figuring.

if the true info is "Mdr 4 options have between 400 to 560" That increases the capacity of the dining rooms. I have no problem starting dinner anytime between 6:00 and 8:00. I was worried if you start at 6:00 then those tables are gone for between 1 and 1/2 to two hours and then you refill them between 7:30 and 8:00 and then they take the same amount of time it didn't seem like there were enough places for everyone. Using the average of the new number the dining capacity seems about 1/2 and I feel better.

I knew if I posted here someone would get the correct answers

Thanks again :)

When they say 'capacity of 400' I assumed that was the number at any one time. Figuring that they turn each dining room over at least one full time, that would be 800 people per venue.

I was never worried that they wouldn't have enough room for everyone to eat at one place each night throughout the cruise, but maybe I am too trusting.

Saw something about coastal filling up and suite people being left out that won't happen as I was told a percentage will be held for late booking suite people and actually the plan is to hold spots for all restaurants for high end and top loyalty people.

May I ask what number you called? We are only diamond but am hoping I can still call and pre-reserve.

The # is called was the regular C & A # on the RCCL site - 1-800-526-9723 & just stayed on the line until someone answered - I then asked if I was able to book early. I just had to give my ressie # & then was told I could.

Pat

Edited by pkexton

The # is called was the regular C & A # on the RCCL site - 1-800-526-9723 & just stayed on the line until someone answered - I then asked if I was able to book early. I just had to give my ressie # & then was told I could.

Pat

Thanks....I'll try and see where I get :)