Britannia Cabin A107

Big Foot

Hello,

I know that there has been a lot of talk about the different cabin grades & sizes of the various balconies etc on the new ship & lots of comparisons made to Royal Princess (RP).

I was lucky enough to sail on RP in a mini suite - L107.

Looking at the 2 sets of deck plans, whilst we were on L deck, it looks to be more or less the same as A deck on Britannia.

Obviously I have no idea what A107 is like on Britannia but here's a link to my photos of L107 on RP.

I hope this helps.

https://picasaweb.google.com/114133842550415618680/RoyalPrincessMiniSuiteL107Deck16Forward#

Joan

Hello,

I know that there has been a lot of talk about the different cabin grades & sizes of the various balconies etc on the new ship & lots of comparisons made to Royal Princess (RP).

Looking at the 2 sets of deck plans, whilst we were on L deck, it looks to be more or less the same as A deck on Britannia.

Obviously I have no idea what A107 is like on Britannia but here's a link to my photos of L107 on RP.

I hope this helps.

https://picasaweb.google.com/114133842550415618680/RoyalPrincessMiniSuiteL107Deck16Forward#

Joan

Thank you Joan,I too thought that this was a suite.

Pat

Hi Joan and Pat,

Yes A107 and A108 cabins are to have the same layout as M107-M108 and L107-L108 cabins on the Royal Princess, according to Richmond the interior designers, although they will have different fittings and décor. On the Princess they are classed as “Mini Suites” and on the Britannia they are classed as “Superior Deluxe Balcony Cabins” grade DC.

My dear lady and I have booked cabin A107 for the back to back B605/B606 cruises. They are the last cruises of the advertised season. I will be on a 28 day press junket doing follow up articles on Britannia’s first year of cruising and all about her Caribbean debut.

Regards

John

Edited by Moray Firth Cruiser

Good morning John,

My husband and I are on Britannia B524A/B525A Southampton-Caribbean

October/November 2015. We are in Cabin B724 B Deck for the 29days. Unfortunately P&O could not allocate our original request for Cabin B726 because this cabin is allocated to passengers on A524 who fly home on the Friday. As we fly home to Scotland on the Saturday P&O are unable to allocated this cabin to us. We were offered a selection of other cabins on other decks with the wrap round balcony. Hopefully, we have done the right thing and settled for the cabin next door. We were informed by P&O that this cabin does have a larger balcony than the same grade of cabins on the Port side or Starboard side.

At least we are booked and so looking forward to this cruise.

Hope you and your wife have a lovely cruise and you accumulate lots of positive feedback about this new ship.

Pat

Hi Pat,

B726 must be very popular as I too wanted to book it for our cruise on Britannia in May 2015.

As we're not in the top tiers we had to wait until general release last week & either because of the disaster with the booking system going down that day or because it had already gone the previous day we were unable to secure it.

We have managed to book C736 which I understand is slightly smaller than B726.

Whilst we have the wrap around balcony it'll be interesting to see if it's just the width of the balcony that's different between the 2 cabins or if the layout of the insides are different. It'll also be interesting to see if the difference in square footage is all on the balcony just how much narrower it is than the 2 aft / corner cabins on B deck.

Let's hope lots of people are prepared to share their photos in due course (I certainly will) & hopefully it'll help us all decide on which cabins to book in future.

You'll have to let me know what cruises you're looking at on Britannia as you're clearly going to beat me to booking B726 :D

Joan

Hi Pat,

B726 must be very popular as I too wanted to book it for our cruise on Britannia in May 2015.

As we're not in the top tiers we had to wait until general release last week & either because of the disaster with the booking system going down that day or because it had already gone the previous day we were unable to secure it.

We have managed to book C736 which I understand is slightly smaller than B726.

Whilst we have the wrap around balcony it'll be interesting to see if it's just the width of the balcony that's different between the 2 cabins or if the layout of the insides are different. It'll also be interesting to see if the difference in square footage is all on the balcony just how much narrower it is than the 2 aft / corner cabins on B deck.

Let's hope lots of people are prepared to share their photos in due course (I certainly will) & hopefully it'll help us all decide on which cabins to book in future.

You'll have to let me know what cruises you're looking at on Britannia as you're clearly going to beat me to booking B726 :D

Joan

Hello Joan,

Fortunately we are on the Baltic tier and therefore we were able to book on the 26th March the first day that the cruise was released for sale. However, as I have stated we still could not get B726 due to the fact as I mentioned above.

We have only booked the back to back cruise in October/November 2015 on the Britannia so far and I don't envisage that we will be booking Britannia again until after we cruise on her in Oct/Nov 2015,unless we book for May B506 Canary Islands.

We are on the Azura Oct/Nov 2014 for 28days Southampton/Caribbean so I will require to wait until then so as that I can purchase our two future cruise down payments and then book B506. We have used up both of our future down payments on the Britannia B524A/B525A

We have actually been offered C736 for the first cruise then offered C737

for the second cruise, however as it means changing cabins we have decided to just stay in B724. It is quite annoying because B726 is still vacant and we can't have it.:mad: Joan I don't think that C736 layout, lounge/bedroom areas will be much smaller than B724, I think it might only be the balcony at the side that will be narrower.

I am aware that B724 cabin is a lot smaller than C736 but I still have time (I think) to change cabins. Don't know if I want a larger cabin or a larger balcony:confused:

Hopefully as you have stated some other guests will be happy to post a few photographs and we will be able to see what the actual cabins/balconies look like. We will be in Southampton Dock on the 12/13th March 2015 a few days before the Britannia's maiden voyage and hopefully I will be able to get some photographs then of the cabins /balcony. If I manage to get some photographs I will certainly post them on 12th/13th March.

Thanks for contacting me:).

Pat

• 1 year later...
Hello,

I hope this helps.

Joan

Sorry but the link seems to be broken

Sorry but the link seems to be broken

The album is still there as I have just looked at it on my Ipad, however, I cannot view it on my work's PC :confused:

If I copy & paste the link it's now giving me something slightly different ....

https://picasaweb.google.com/Joan.Waller/RoyalPrincessMiniSuiteL107Deck16Forward

Joan

Link works now Joan so many thanks for that, I'll be in A107 on Britannia, August 8th. Many thanks for fixing whatever the problem was, it was great to see some pictures :)

No problem, although not sure what I did, if anything :confused:

Obviously, I have no idea if the layout of A107 on Britannia will be the same but it'll give you some idea.

We've got an aft suite on 23rd May C736 so looking forward to seeing that.

Also, I'm on a ship visit on 2nd May on Britannia so I'm hoping to get a chance to upload & post a link to the photos taken then.

Have a great cruise.

Joan

No problem, although not sure what I did, if anything :confused:

Obviously, I have no idea if the layout of A107 on Britannia will be the same but it'll give you some idea.

We've got an aft suite on 23rd May C736 so looking forward to seeing that.

Also, I'm on a ship visit on 2nd May on Britannia so I'm hoping to get a chance to upload & post a link to the photos taken then.

Have a great cruise.

Joan

We looked at the aft suite's too, look really nice and we're on a ship visit late June, 27th June to be precise.

Really looking forward to going on her, we were in Southampton to welcome her on 6th March, she looked magnificent all shiny and new :)

Have a nice visit and cruise yourself, envious that you'll be on board real soon!

Steve