16 days to Sailing and No Cabin Assignment?

You will receive your cabin assignment about 5-6 days prior to your cruise. I am a TA and I just received a cabin assignment yesterday for one of my clients who cruises on Sunday.

Hope this helps ease your worry :)

You will receive your cabin assignment about 5-6 days prior to your cruise. I am a TA and I just received a cabin assignment yesterday for one of my clients who cruises on Sunday.

Hope this helps ease your worry :)

you might not get it until you actually board. this has happened to some folk. While you typically get it a week before, nothing is definite

you might not get it until you actually board. this has happened to some folk. While you typically get it a week before, nothing is definite[/QUOte

Yeah that is true too. However Carnival tries to avoid that at all costs. It makes embarkation more difficult at the port if the cabin isn't assigned yet

Thanks. I was hoping to get it soon so that I could look into paying for an upgrade. Do you know if they ever do paid upgrades once you board?

If you want to upgrade, why don't you just do it now? They don't typically allow it at port.

you might not get it until you actually board. this has happened to some folk. While you typically get it a week before, nothing is definite[/QUOte

Yeah that is true too. However Carnival tries to avoid that at all costs. It makes embarkation more difficult at the port if the cabin isn't assigned yet

No it doesn't.

If you want the upgrade do it now. At embarkation and Guest Services there are usually signs that are posted that state the sailing is full, so no upgrades are available. The signs are even posted when the ship isn't sailing full. Enjoy your cruise.

I called for a price drop and they would not honor it and then I asked to pay for an upgrade and they said I would lose my OBC so I chose not to. I have never been on Carnival before and I don't understand their policies very well.

Price drops this close to sailing are only honored for those who booked Early Saver.