A Compliment - I really want heard

acbat1

I really had a great person on the phone this morning help me out. I would like to submit her name and let someone know how great she was. What is the best way to do that? I really want someone preferably a direct manager to know.

I really had a great person on the phone this morning help me out. I would like to submit her name and let someone know how great she was. What is the best way to do that? I really want someone preferably a direct manager to know.

if you know the persons name or extension, I'd call back and ask her who she reports to. Just tell her you thought she did an excellent job and would like to relay it her supervisor. She'll be happy to give you the name and number of exactly the right person.

Having worked in a call center, the easiest thing to do is to just call back the same number you called, immediately ask for a manager, and tell the manager who you spoke with and the nice thing(s) they said/did that made you want to acknowledge them. This also has a much higher chance of making a difference in that person's performance review - the manager who takes your call will either be that person's manager or a colleague of that person's manager and knows that these are the types of things that their performance is graded on (well, that and sales!).

Meanwhile you could leave a comment on JH's FB page, a marketing/social media intern maybe copies it down, maybe sends it to the reservation center who maybe knows where to send it. There's a lot more hands involved who may not care so much about some 'kudos' for a faceless random employee in a different arm of the company.

Edited by mferris77

When you were on the phone you should have told the person how happy you were with their service and asked to speak to their supervisor to tell them too!

I guess now I'd call back and try to do that after the fact.

I had someone at CS go above and beyond but the correspondence was over email. When we were through I asked her who I could email to compliment her on the effort she put in to help me. She gave me the name and email address of her direct supervisor. I bet you could do the same just calling the PVP and ask who you can address a letter to. I would do it in writing instead of a phone call.