Individual Carnival Cabin sizes

maldenmusic

Once upon a time, I remember there being some place you could see the "schematics" of each Carnival ship and find details about the sq. footage, length, width, etc of all cabins. Many of the individual cabins had pictures you could look at. Does anyone know what I'm talking about? I don't think it was on the Carnival website but could be mistaken. This has been some time ago and I've had an awful lot of birthdays since then but I don't think I imagined it. It would be nice to look at before I book my next cruise.

Try cruisedeckplans.com. Their descriptions are generally more accurate and they have lots of great pictures. I believe you will have to join the site now though to view the pics. I joined and have not regretted it.

GoCCL.com -> Resource Center -> Knowledge Center -> The Fleet -> [select Ship] -> has stateroom descriptions and dimensions, and detailed ship information. However, it does not have any pictures.

Edited by El CrappyTan

GoCCL.com -> Resource Center -> Knowledge Center -> The Fleet -> [select Ship] -> has stateroom descriptions and dimensions, and detailed ship information. However, it does not have any pictures.

This is a great site! Thanks!

For pics of rooms that are not standard shaped rooms with standard setups, I would only use cruiselinerooms dot com, which is free. Check similar rooms & sister ships. Those are guest supplied pics. Carnival likes to give very generic information & pics. They don't want to bother with giving specifics about more unusual rooms, plus so much of the statistics they give out are wrong. I use goccl's website for other things, but some of their info is also wrong, mainly in regards to room sizes.

For example, after wondering if my perception could actually be fooling me that greatly, I just had to start bringing a tape measurer onto my cruises to find out for sure. I found the standard inside rooms to be only 150 sq.ft, not the 185 that is advertised. I found the Spirit class 4Ks to be the 185 they advertise, plus the balcony's indoors part was the 185 they advertise. Triumph's room # 2444 is listed as 185 & having one window, but it has 2 windows and is over 230 sq.ft. Porthole rooms (both the ones with 2 beds and the ones with 1 bed) have varied from 185 to 210 sq.ft & everywhere inbetween, despite a static 185 or 220 figure being listed. My latest deluxe OV room was the 230 that is advertised. So the unusual shaped rooms will probably have very inaccurate information. For the standard rooms on all ships except Fantasy class, most info seems to be accurate, except for the true interiors, which are smaller than advertised.

My guess is that Fantasy class ships measured differently, so that even though the room is measured at about 150-160, going beyond the wall to the other side of the wall could inflate the figure to about 185. Perhaps that concept is carried over to the true interiors on the larger ships, but with balconies & OVs & "almost OVs" on the larger ships, they are giving actual measurements from within the walls. But they won't bother finding out about the unusual shaped rooms.

Edited by k2excursion

For example, after wondering if my perception could actually be fooling me that greatly, I just had to start bringing a tape measurer onto my cruises to find out for sure. I found the standard inside rooms to be only 150 sq.ft, not the 185 that is advertised. I found the Spirit class 4Ks to be the 185 they advertise, plus the balcony's indoors part was the 185 they advertise. Triumph's room # 2444 is listed as 185 & having one window, but it has 2 windows and is over 230 sq.ft. Porthole rooms (both the ones with 2 beds and the ones with 1 bed) have varied from 185 to 210 sq.ft & everywhere inbetween, despite a static 185 or 220 figure being listed. My latest deluxe OV room was the 230 that is advertised. So the unusual shaped rooms will probably have very inaccurate information. For the standard rooms on all ships except Fantasy class, most info seems to be accurate, except for the true interiors, which are smaller than advertised.

Did you include the bathroom? ..and the little entrance hallway?

and the cupboard space alongside that little hallway on the way in?

and under the bathroom sink/vanity area?

However Carnival calculates it, their generous cabin sizes

are a big factor why I won't pay RCL or NCL more $$ for less cabin space.

I'll stick with the devil I know, thanks. :)

Edited by Aplmac

Did you include the bathroom? ..and the little entrance hallway?

and the cupboard space alongside that little hallway on the way in?

and under the bathroom sink/vanity area?

However Carnival calculates it, their generous cabin sizes

are a big factor why I won't pay RCL or NCL more $$ for less cabin space.

I'll stick with the devil I know, thanks. :)

Yes, I did include everything. In fact, the measurement is quite simple. Length times width. Measure both from an unobstructed point, and everything will be included. It even includes the small plumbing area behind the wall of the bathroom, which is not usable nor ever seen. The odd-shaped rooms are much more difficult, as they are often not rectangles. Even so, I do agree with you. The cabin sizes are fine and often are more than enough for what we use it for. And could certainly be better still than other cruiselines, who also might possibly have inaccurate numbers. It's just that the numbers don't always line up on Carnival's interiors & some other rooms. Not a deal-breaker; just not correct.

Edited by k2excursion

Triumph's room # 2444 is listed as 185 & having one window, but it has 2 windows and is over 230 sq.ft.

I will be in #2445 in a few weeks. Thanks for this and some previous information you have provided about those rooms!

Yes, I did include everything. In fact, the measurement is quite simple. Length times width. Measure both from an unobstructed point, and everything will be included. It even includes the small plumbing area behind the wall of the bathroom, which is not usable nor ever seen. The odd-shaped rooms are much more difficult, as they are often not rectangles. Even so, I do agree with you. The cabin sizes are fine and often are more than enough for what we use it for. And could certainly be better still than other cruiselines, who also might possibly have inaccurate numbers. It's just that the numbers don't always line up on Carnival's interiors & some other rooms. Not a deal-breaker; just not correct.

Any idea if the 6Js on the Sunshine are truly 220 sq. ft.? All of the NEW cabins on the Sunshine are listed on goccl.com as 220 sq. ft. interiors, oceanviews on deck 5, interior walkways on deck 3. Just wondering if that's accurate.

Having been on Splendor in a balcony and then in an inside I KNOW insides are way smaller.I could not believe how small they were.And both balcony and inside were spa cabins but what a huge difference in size.My DH said never again did he want an inside if they were that small.I am going again April 26 in an inside but he is staying home.

Laura

Any idea if the 6Js on the Sunshine are truly 220 sq. ft.? All of the NEW cabins on the Sunshine are listed on goccl.com as 220 sq. ft. interiors, oceanviews on deck 5, interior walkways on deck 3. Just wondering if that's accurate.

Unfortunately, I don't know for sure about those, without actually being in one to measure. However, seeing pics of those rooms, they look like a very good size, and the views are amazing. They seem to be larger than the 185 sq.ft. rooms I've been in. I wouldn't be surprised if they were truly 220. When these rooms were first being added to other ships, they were being listed at 230. I don't know when it changed to 220. Maybe the slant of the windows made 10 sq.ft. a little unusable.

I will be in #2445 in a few weeks. Thanks for this and some previous information you have provided about those rooms!

That was a tougher measurement. The long hallway leading into the main part of the room took up about 30 of the 230 s.f. But still, 2 windows & a nice huge room, by comparison to the more expensive interiors.