Favorite NZ and Australia Itinerary

If looking at nz suggest picton and Dunedin are great little places

Picton for wine along with Napier

Tauranga has rotorua

Tassie cruises are nice short breaks

The queansland trips to the reef are fantastic if no passport or like diving or snorkelling

All the islands are also great

Hope that helps but anything down under is good

Greg:)

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Our favourite port in NZ is Dunedin. The Taerei Gorge Rail Trip is well worth booking..

Auckland is also very good as the ship berths practically in the CBD, five minutes walk gets you into the city centre from the ship. Of course the highlight of any NZ cruise is Milford Sound, Dusky South and Doubtful Sound. All day cruising in and out of the Sounds, spectacular scenery.

Enjoy your cruise.

John

Planning a cruise for February 2016...what are some of the favorite itinerary stops/cruising that I should look for? Open to all suggestions...

if you have the time and money get a cruise that goes all around OZ and across to NZ, we did one and it was for 35 nights

Planning a cruise for February 2016...what are some of the favorite itinerary stops/cruising that I should look for? Open to all suggestions...

Without doubt my favorite Oz cruise is the "Northern Explorer". We have done this twice, and you really get to see some of the divergence of the Aussie landscape. Actual ports of call will depend on the cruise line, but this is where we went:

1. Sun Princess: Departed Sydney (one of the worlds best sailaway experiences) and visited Brisbane, Townsville, Cairns, Cooktown (no ships visit there nowadays); Darwin, Broome (Camel ride on Cable beach); Exmouth; Geraldton and finally Fremantle (Perth).

2. Celebrity Solstice: Departed Fremantle and visited Port Hedland, Bali (many cruises go there nowadays) Darwin; Cairns; Brisbane and then Sydney.

There are a number of cruise lines that do this sort of itinerary, and some also combine it with a visit to New Zealand.

Its all a matter of time and dollars...but whatever you choose I am sure you will greatly enjoy.

Feb/March is also a good time.

cheers

Edited by Flipper133