iconcierge app

gschwartz001

My DH and I are going on Epic next week. We are planning on purchasing the package where we can call each other - as we always seem to lost each other at least once per cruise. How should we set our iphones so that we do not incur land based roaming charges? Any assistance is appreciated. Thanks.

If your phone allows for it, put it on Airplane Mode w/ WiFi on, then join the ship's wifi network per instructions. The app will handle all of your calls/texts, etc, rather the your phone's normal interface for these functions. In other words, you open the app to make a call, you don't dial from the phone.

For further information:

http://www.ncl.com/sites/default/files/iCONCIERGE_04022014.pdf

Just a reminder to download and install the latest app version onto your device before leaving home for your upcoming cruise. It worked reasonably well for us last week with the "free" options on the App.

You will need to be connected to the ship's WiFi network to activate and use it onboard.

Happy Cruising.

And I have been told it would be to expensive to expand it to other ships....that's too bad :( I really enjoyed the free app on the Breakaway.

In your settings just put it on airplane mode and if you want to be sure turn everything off, like roaming data and calls and localisation.

Sent from my iPhone using Cruise Critic Forums mobile app

How did this work for IPHONE and Galaxy...anyone know?

We can confirm that it worked last week on the BA for iPhone as well as Samsung's (Galaxy should be just fine) & HTC running older Gingerbread and LG's Google Nexus 5 running 4.4.1 - download/update to the latest verison before leaving for the cruise, as the bugs are getting fixed/patched, etc. No issues with freezing, crashing or failing to connect, etc. for us, YMMV.

Also, I've just added the "Norweigians iConcierge" brochure/guide as distributed by NCL - link is here (post #2) in PDF format.

Edited by mking8288