Soda AND water??

I would say no. Below is their policy. I read that to be a 12 per person total of soda and/or water.

On embarkation day, each guest may bring a small quantity of non-alcoholic beverages on board and only in their carry-on luggage. A small quantity is considered a maximum of 12 bottles and/or cans, 20 ounces each or less.

Carnival Liquor and Beverage policy states:

"Each guest may bring a small quantity of non-alcoholic beverages for use (a maximum of 12 sealed, unopened bottles and/or cans, 20 ounces each or less) on board."

That being said, enforcement of the policy varies by port of embarkation and even by security officials at the same port. Going out of Baltimore, the wife and I carried on 2 12-packs of soda AND 24 bottles of water and security did not even bat an eye.

Others have reported back that security enforced the policy to the letter. Not soda/water, but I remember hearing about one person who attempted to carry on one of those 4-pack of Sutter Homes small wine bottles (not wine coolers). The security official said she had to get rid of 3 of the bottles. When the person asked why, he quoted the policy "one bottle, 750 milliliters or less, per guest 21 years and older". ;-)

Edited by El CrappyTan

Yes. We had no issue bringing on more in the past but we no longer bring on so much.

We ended leaving excess bottles in our cabin.

You can always buy more and bring it aboard after a port stop.

Why bring on bottled filtered water anyway.. The ship already has free filterred tap water to drink... Why pay for the same filtered water and carry it around with you until your room is ready, when the ship has it for free out of the tap....

Really?.... I thought they were really strict about you bringing on ANY drinks at ports?

Jo :)

Maybe ignorance is golden ? ;).

We walked on with a bunch of Cokes in Port Canaveral and in Nassau. They were in a backpack.

You can stock up on soda/juice/water at any of the ports of call.

I know a couple that kept getting off/on the ship at San Juan before leaving and brought back soda/water and 2 bottles of wine every time. The way San Juan handles embarkation allows people to easily get away with this.

Edited by El CrappyTan

You can stock up on soda/juice/water at any of the ports of call.

I know a couple that kept getting off/on the ship at San Juan before leaving and brought back soda/water and 2 bottles of wine every time. The way San Juan handles embarkation allows people to easily get away with this.

Great!!!......... Unfortunately I'm not going to San Juan!:D

Jo :)

Why bring on bottled filtered water anyway.. The ship already has free filterred tap water to drink... Why pay for the same filtered water and carry it around with you until your room is ready, when the ship has it for free out of the tap....

I always bring bottler water, water out of the taps tastes like sh..

Please don't lecture me, I have a T1 water treatment license in NJ and know more about water quality than I ever thought was possible, you can have there tap water.

• 2 weeks later...