Anothers questions about drink package

Casanova02

Hi

I'm a newbie on MSC....

What is the advantage of buying a drinking package like ALLEGRISSIMO ESCAPE - 15 vouchers for 72$ pp before the cruise ?

I understand that both person in the cabin will have to buy it.

If I buy before, do they charge a 15% for service charge ?

Will I be charge before (credit card) or onboard ?

I'm asking because I have a little amount OBC

Sorry if my questions were already asked and answered.

Thanks in advance

As I am not well versed on the voucher side. I'm not sure both parties have to buy one. I'm a luch so I buy the all-inclusive. :D

But the advantage of pre-booking them is that you save 15% from onboard purchase, you do not have to pay upfront and this will be on the room bill on the ship, so your onboard credit will cover it.

Edited by Bosjoe

I buy drinks vouchers and not drinks "packages" The vouchers are available at boarding and on board. The benefit of waiting to buy your vouchers is that the money you spend credits towards your reward points for MSC club. If you buy before you go it doesnt.

I can't remember if we paid the 15% or not - but I don't think we did or else I wouldn't have gone down that same track the next cruise.

I buy drinks vouchers and not drinks "packages" The vouchers are available at boarding and on board. The benefit of waiting to buy your vouchers is that the money you spend credits towards your reward points for MSC club. If you buy before you go it doesnt.

I can't remember if we paid the 15% or not - but I don't think we did or else I wouldn't have gone down that same track the next cruise.

The best way to purchase vouchers is to prebook but not prepay. This way you avoid the 15% service charge but it still goes on to your onboard account which will count for MDC Club points and you can use OBC to pay for it.

AmoMondo is correct; book on MSC website & save 15%. Also you can buy one voucher book per cabin. Advantage is cost savings; each voucher is $4.80 each. Most items on board are higher but some lower such coffee, milkshake, ice cream. Also they sell beer vouchers, $52 for 14 ($3.70 each). On board price is $5.75

Thank you all for the information

But If I want that specific package, it seems I will have to take it onboard.

I try to reserve and they offer me only few choice :(

• Wine Package "Choose Seven of Ten" - $ 155,00(Per person)
  • Wine Package "Choose Ten Of Fifteen" - $ 212,00(Per person)
  • Dinner Wine- 7 Bottles - $ 85,00(Per person)
  • Dinner Wine- 10 bottles - $ 120,00(Per person)
  • American Soda Package - $ 30,00(Per person)
  • American Beer Package - $ 52,00(Per person)

Thank you all for the information

But If I want that specific package, it seems I will have to take it onboard.

I try to reserve and they offer me only few choice :(

• Wine Package "Choose Seven of Ten" - $ 155,00(Per person)
  • Wine Package "Choose Ten Of Fifteen" - $ 212,00(Per person)
  • Dinner Wine- 7 Bottles - $ 85,00(Per person)
  • Dinner Wine- 10 bottles - $ 120,00(Per person)
  • American Soda Package - $ 30,00(Per person)
  • American Beer Package - $ 52,00(Per person)

Sorry to have to say this, but MSC's website needs repair. The packages you have mentioned above are not "per person". You might have to call them, like we did. Or, if you booked through a travel agent, that agency will have to order for you (if you are booking in the USA). Unfortunately, if the agent orders for you, you will have to pre-pay.

All prices per package & not person, as someone not very literate posted info on MSC website and it hasn't been fixed since posting.

To the best of my knowledge (Sold on board but 15% more due to SC)

Wine Package "Choose Seven of Ten" - $ 155,00

Wine Package "Choose Ten Of Fifteen" - $ 212,00

This allows selection from a very decent subset of mid priced wines from US, Italy, France, South America, Australia (20 or so). I saw that menu in MDR

Not sold on board

Dinner Wine- 10 bottles - $ 120,00

Dinner Wine- 7 Bottles - $ 85,00

Red or white Italian house wine; no other selection

American Soda Package - $ 30,00

American Beer Package - $ 52,00 - bottled beer only (reg. $5.75 on board)

Edited by hkto

The choice I note was the only options I could choose on the website....

In my case, I want to buy the ALLEGRISSIMO ESCAPE which give 15 vouchers for 72$ pp

For now, it doesn't matter if both person in the cabin has to take it or not....

On the website, this package wasn't offer.... do you think the best way to reserve it's to wait onboard or call them ?

BTW, i found this option in the list (see pdf included) and it is note it's valid winter 2014 and i cruise in august 2014, do you think this list is valid

I took this list on MSC website....

Thanks

CAR_PRE_PAID_IND_PKGS_WINTER_2013_14.pdf

All prices per package & not person, as someone not very literate posted info on MSC website and it hasn't been fixed since posting.

To the best of my knowledge (Sold on board but 15% more due to SC)

Wine Package "Choose Seven of Ten" - $ 155,00

Wine Package "Choose Ten Of Fifteen" - $ 212,00

This allows selection from a very decent subset of mid priced wines from US, Italy, France, South America, Australia (20 or so). I saw that menu in MDR

Not sold on board

Dinner Wine- 10 bottles - $ 120,00

Dinner Wine- 7 Bottles - $ 85,00

Red or white Italian house wine; no other selection

American Soda Package - $ 30,00

American Beer Package - $ 52,00 - bottled beer only (reg. $5.75 on board)

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=305596&d=1394743466 Here are the wines available for Divina in the more expensive "your choice" packages, #551 and #552, $155 and $212.

Edited by neptuno

ALLEGRISSIMO ESCAPE which give 15 vouchers for $72 is offered on website (I was able to book it). Look under Allegrissimo & not wine packages. Don't need to buy pp; I bought one. There is no name on vouchers anyway. Wine menu in the post above is the one for $155/212 wine package.

Edited by hkto

• 2 weeks later...
ALLEGRISSIMO ESCAPE which give 15 vouchers for $72 is offered on website (I was able to book it). Look under Allegrissimo & not wine packages. Don't need to buy pp; I bought one. There is no name on vouchers anyway. Wine menu in the post above is the one for $155/212 wine package.

The escape pkg purchase on line can only be purchased by everyone in cabin, on Divina only one per alone can purchase it but only if its called in.

Does anyone know what the house red and white wines are?

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Forums mobile app

If my memory is correct its 2 reds (merlot was the best), 2 whites & 1 rose. I also read they were allowing you on this ship only to have your choice ea night instead of one of ea. Whatever its a great buy.