Coffee cards

retired1996

I was on the Sapphire cruise 3/23 to 3/27. I bought 2 of the coffee cards and since I just drink regular coffee and my wife drank the specialty types, I found that my coffee was free... I was told by one of ship employees that my card was good for any future cruises... I only used my wife's card for 7 cups of her coffee and never used my car at all. Was the employee correct in that the card can be used for future cruises or did I waste my money buying a card for myself I never had to use..

The punches are good for either brewed or specialty coffee any future cruise. The unlimited brewed coffee is good only on the cruise on which you purchased it. Anything that's "unlimited" is good only on that cruise, whether it's a soda card, coffee card, etc. It's not unlimited in perpetuity whether you used it or not.

Edited by Pam in CA

Pam is correct.

Now if you flip the card over and there's no ship name or voyage number written in the space provided......well it could be used for free coffee on your next voyage. I have seen them given out without it.

Just looked at the cards, nothing is filled in on the back regarding ship name or voyage date...

The back of my most recent (January) card has space for "Ship Name" and "Voyage Date". These are to be be filled in by the barrister.

The punches don't expire but as Pam said the unlimited coffee is just for the voyage you are on... If they didn't put the voyage info on the card you may get to use it on the next cruise for brewed coffee but don't be surprised if they add the voyage date at that time.

The cards are great because the punches don't expire, and even if you can't get free brewed coffee you could use the punches up by ordering a cafe Americano :)

My last card (on Sapphire last month) is blank on the back. I wondered at the time if they did that on purpose because the cruise was short. I hardly ever use it for the brewed coffee, but it's nice to know I can on the next cruise if I want to. (I do lattes, and they have always been really good on every ship,)