Sea Bands/ Queasy Beads ?

O2Cool

For those of you that have worn them--- how much pressure on the skin do they exert? Do they leave marks when you take them off? Is it hard to position them correctly? I have been thinking about purchasing some for the "rock n roll" times on the ship. I have only needed something when we were trying to outrun a storm, but I would rather "have it and not need it...ect). :D

Some pressure, but not uncomfortable.

I've only tried them once and didn't like them.

My sister tried them and took them off and on at different times....she found out later she should have just worn them the whole time.

What works better for me....a Bonine (non-drowsy) at bedtime. They are 24 hour. Then with breakfast I take a Ginger tablet. Once the seas calm down, I stop the Bonine, but continue to take a Ginger tablet with breakfast each day. Oh...and I also start the Bonine the night before we board the ship, so it's in my system.

Everyone reacts differently. Perhaps asking your Doctor for his opinion , since he knows your health history.

Thank You Reba:). I have used candied Ginger and had terrific luck with it except when trying to outrun a storm in an aft balcony room. Things were falling off the desk and the closet doors were banging open and shut. I tried Bonine and it helped some, but I have been wondering about the acupressure devices and thought I would ask. I appreciate you taking the time to answer !!!

We bought the bands at walmart that come 2 in a package and they worked fine on our 1st cruise. They have a little ball that presses the inside of your wrist and you can wear them 24/7, at least I did. Hubby took his off sometime during the trip but they are not uncomfortable at all. They have an elastic band on them and worked well for us.

Although, I basically have an iron stomach and never felt the need for any anti-seasickness assistance. (The only time I "chummed" the water was on a 30 fishing boat off the coast of Texas when a storm was coming in)

I saw these http://www.psibands.com/ at the Travel Goods Show a couple of weeks ago. They seem to be really good and the inventor was a lady who took the knitted ones and improved upon them. She tried the knitted ones when she had morning sickness, but had problems keeping them properly adjusted to the correct point. So she used an adjustable pressure spot in a plastic watch type band.

The Science is there, and they supposedly work for morning sickness so they should work at least as well for seasickness.