CC members get free bridge/ship tour?

BrPanthers99

We didn't get offered one on our first Dawn cruise, we did on our Star cruise, and didn't on our 2nd Dawn cruise.

This is completely left up to the Captain on whether he choses to put forth an invitation to the bridge or not.

Captain has complete discretion over who gets to visit the bridge. There's a whole spectrum of attitudes. At one end are the captains who are more serious and less into the social aspects of their profession, and at the other end are the captains who will not only allow tours and visits, but enjoy conducting them personally. NCL has both types and many who fall somewhere in between.

Another thing I've noticed over the years is that smaller CC Meet and Greet groups are more likely to get invited than larger ones. Obviously larger groups are harder to accommodate.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

Yes, it's true, however, it needs to be requested by the person organizing the M&G, at least that's what we were told. We did have a small tour of the bridge on the Pearl in December.

This is not true. I've been on multiple CC bridge tours where the organizer made no special request beforehand.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

Another thing I've noticed over the years is that smaller CC Meet and Greet groups are more likely to get invited than larger ones. Obviously larger groups are harder to accommodate.

While it could be true that small groups would be more likely to get invites, I'd still say that it is the captain's attitude that matters the most. In 2012 on Star (northbound repo) we had way over 100 members in our M&G and the captain did arrange the bridge tour for all who signed up for it at the meet - the tour groups were spread out on several days over the cruise.

While it could be true that small groups would be more likely to get invites, I'd still say that it is the captain's attitude that matters the most. In 2012 on Star (northbound repo) we had way over 100 members in our M&G and the captain did arrange the bridge tour for all who signed up for it at the meet - the tour groups were spread out on several days over the cruise.

That's why I said it's a general "more likely" sort of rule. I've dealt with the same sort of arrangement once as well, but it's hard to give the OP any sort of idea of what conditions are more likely to lead to free bridge tours once you start including all of the exceptions.

It can happen and it can't happen. It's really up to the Captain and each individual ship.

I plan a lot of Meet and Greets. I always request this at the Meet and Greet. I'd say that a little less than half the time I've requested it at the Meet and Greet it was granted.

I have a sign up paper that each person who attends the Meet and Greet signs with their name and cabin number. I then give this to a specific person and he or she has sent Memo's to the cabins of those that signed up at the Meet and Greet as to the day, time and place to meet for the Bridge Tour.

However, like i said above, it's not a 'given' that my request will be granted as it has only been granted a little less than half the time.

But.....I always ask!

Harriet

I saw someone post something about this the other day. Any truth to it?

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

It depends on the Captain as to whether or not there is a bridge tour. Some will invite the CC members who signed attendance sheet with their cabin number. Other Captains do not allow passengers on the Bridge.

The Behind the Scenes tour which might or might not include bridge tour is free only to Platinum Latitude members. Others pay $55.

It would be interesting to see a list of bridge tour friendly Captains and those that never or rarely grant free bridge tours.

I don't think it would be prudent to post a list like that on a public forum. It could serve to cause all Captains to discontinue the courtesy.