Deposit paid for 2 people 1 cabin - transfer deposit for one person to another cabin?

I have currently got a booking with a friend for one cabin and we have paid the 2 deposits (€400).

If we want to have 2 separate cabins can we transfer one of the deposits to the new cabin?

I know for UK and Ireland that deposits are forfeited in a cancellation but this wouldn't be a cancellation, more a new booking leaving 1 person is each cabin..

Thanks for any advice.

I know we can do what you suggest here in the US, but I also know the rules are different in the UK. I would call whoever booked your cruise and ask them if there would be any penalties.

not sure about the transferal but if you are moving to 2 single occupant cabins you will need to pay the other deposit when you change the cabin arrangements around. RCI requires single occupants to pay 2 deposits on the cabin.

Hi

From what I understand you would not only be paying a bigger deposit, but you would also be paying a single supplement so you would be paying more for the cruise as well (may even be double, but I'm not sure however I know lots of people will correct me if I'm wrong!)

If you are Crown and Anchor members you get an extra point per night, so inside cabin to balcony you get 1 regular point and 1 extra per night. If you are junior suite or higher you get 2 regular points plus one extra, so 3 points per night (so it is not double points, but one extra per night).

Hope that makes sense :)

Hi Taninaus

When you say two deposits, do you mean pay double the normal? i.e. that it is just a bigger deposit?

Thanks

When booking solo RCCL now requires the same deposit as if two people were booked. For example if the deposit is $250.00 pp than for solo it's $500.00

RCCL changed the solo deposit policy sometime back in 2013.

Hi

From what I understand you would not only be paying a bigger deposit, but you would also be paying a single supplement so you would be paying more for the cruise as well (may even be double, but I'm not sure however I know lots of people will correct me if I'm wrong!)

Hope that makes sense :)

RCCL changed the Solo Deposit Policy sometime back in 2013. Solo bookings are now required to pay the total deposit as if it were a 2 person booking. I booked solo all the time so I know this to be the current policy.

Thanks everyone. I have no problem with paying a larger deposit as it'll all have to be paid anyway (just have to hope we don't have to cancel!)

My main issue is that I have paid €200x2 = €400 deposit for one cabin for 2 people.

If my mate goes for his own cabin, I don't really mind if they let me either:

a) transfer t€200 over to the other cabin and insist on another €200 for the "double deposit" you guys have explainedor

b) charge a double deposit for the other cabin and leave the €400 intact on my cabin for me.

In other words if we have to pay a double deposit on the new cabin will I still be able to keep the €400 value on my cabin even though half that was really for someone else? Does that makes sense?!!!

Maybe it's easier to say I want to know does money paid apply to the cabin or to the individuals staying in it. I'm ok if it applies to the cabin.

Thanks.

ps Clarea - I've asked my travel agent here in Ireland and they were clueless so I'm hoping they will come back to me with an answer soon but I wanted to be pre-armed with the knowledge from on here!

Edited by podgeandrodge