WARNING beware europe 20% sales tax onboard.

So I guess that we would have this outrageous tax issue on a Norwegian fjords cruise from either Southampton or Copenhagen. On the British Isles cruises on Princess from Southampton that stop in Guernsey, the stop in the Channel Islands eliminates the VAT, correct?

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk

The times that I have done the Norwegian Fjords, leaving either from Amsterdam or Harwich, there was no VAT.

Actually the Spanish VAT is 21% for non food items (mainly shops onboard) and 10% for food items (mainly drinks onboard). This amount is valid since September 2012. It was less before. This will be charged for any cruise leaving from a Spanish port (mainly Barcelona) visiting EU-ports only.

Same for all cruises leaving from Italian ports visiting EU-ports only.

But for all cruises leaving a port in Florida you have to pay a State Tax too (as long as you´re in port or within the 3 miles zone).

It´s nothing new but going on for years.

steamboats

Don't forget about the Texas alcohol laws that prohibit the ship from serving anything that doesnt have a Texas tax sticker on it. Limited Bar service while still in port in Texas

So I guess that we would have this outrageous tax issue on a Norwegian fjords cruise from either Southampton or Copenhagen. On the British Isles cruises on Princess from Southampton that stop in Guernsey, the stop in the Channel Islands eliminates the VAT, correct?.

The times that I have done the Norwegian Fjords, leaving either from Amsterdam or Harwich, there was no VAT.

Because Norway is not in the EU.

Yes, I'm aware that Norway is not in the EU, I was answering a question that was asked about the VAT and fjords cruises. :rolleyes:

Edited by tahqa

Yes, I'm aware that Norway is not in the EU, I was answering a question that was asked about the VAT and fjords cruises. :rolleyes:

And I was adding information to your correct answer for the benefit of other readers so that they might understand it better.:D