Getaway questions!!

DISNEY1975

Im sailing in 2 weeks!! Yippeeee!!

Ive been reading many threads and FB pages, but still have some questions. Hope someone here can answer..

1) Can you use your key card in the slot machines or is it cash only?

2) Are there any themed nights at the kids club (9 - 11)that I should pack appropriately for? (On the Dawn they had a VIP night and girls were in formal dresses, they also has jungle night and everyone had animal print shirts etc...)

3) Where is the best place to sit and watch your child on the water slides?

4) Realistically, how long should I expect to wait if I show up at one of the MDRs at 6:30pm to eat (on a sold out cruise)?

5) Is there a charge for bowling and mini golf?

6) Please explain the pool towel rules (Is it not as easy as getting one at the pool and dropping it in a bin when you leave the pool area ??)

7) My last NCL cruise (Dawn from Boston) had a sail away party on the pool deck complete with buffet (by the pool..not the actual buffet) and huge BBQ grills making chicken/burgers etc.. Is it the same on the Getaway, or is lunch only served in a dining area?

8) Do you need a CC or hotel key for the safe?

That is all for now..Im sure Ill think of more soon/during the week as Im packing. Thanks in advance for answers/advice! :)

1) Can you use your key card in the slot machines or is it cash only?

If I remember correctly from Epic, on all NCL megaships you can also make direct withdrawals from onboard account via the slot machines.

4) Realistically, how long should I expect to wait if I show up at one of the MDRs at 6:30pm to eat (on a sold out cruise)?

As I just replied to your post on our Roll Call, the cruise is not sold out - not even close (quite a lot of availability - over 100 cabins total - on pretty much all major categories). For example on our next cruise a day later on Dawn besides some inside and oceanview categories with only GTY availabilty, there are only three selectable cabins available three weeks out - now that is what I'd call an almost sold out cruise. :)

5) Is there a charge for bowling and mini golf?

Don't know about mini golf, bowling is $5 per person per round.

6) Please explain the pool towel rules (Is it not as easy as getting one at the pool and dropping it in a bin when you leave the pool area ??)

You bring the towel from your cabin, and if you want to change it to a clean one when leaving pool deck, you just exchange it to a new one at the exchange point. If you come to the pool deck without a towel, you need to sign for a new one and make sure that it is marked as returned when you leave or you will be charged for it.

8) Do you need a CC or hotel key for the safe?

No, all NCL safes are operated with custom 4-digit code.

Thanks!

I was told by someone at NCL it was almost sold out, with a few cabins left. Maybe it wasn't true... You cant necessarily go by the website. If its showing (example) 10 balcony rooms available, but 9 people have booked GTY and that 10th person is willing to pay the extra to pick a cabin, they will show rooms that have not been assigned. As soon as that one person books, they may all disappear due to needing them for the GTY guests.

As for the towels, should we end up with (4 in my party) 4 towels in our room at the end of the cruise or we will be charged?

I went on the Dawn 2012 and 2013 and we could use our keys in the slot machines, but I read a post about Getaway that it is cash only. Wanted to confirm.

Still would love to know how much time to plan for dinner. My daughter wants to go to kids club in the evening, which closes at 10:30. Im hoping to be finished dinner by 8pm the latest if we try getting seating at 6:30.

Thanks

Edited by DISNEY1975

I already thought of another question. 3 in my party of 4 are getting the soda package. My 10yo does not drink soda. She mostly drinks lemonade, milk and juice.

Is lemonade available at the buffet? What juices are available at the buffet during lunch?

Ive seen a picture of the buffet fountain drinks and most seem to look like flavored water. Are the "juices" crystal light sort of juice or real juice?

Trying to decide if I should get her a soda package with juice upgrade.

Thanks

I already thought of another question. 3 in my party of 4 are getting the soda package. My 10yo does not drink soda. She mostly drinks lemonade, milk and juice.

Is lemonade available at the buffet? What juices are available at the buffet during lunch?

Ive seen a picture of the buffet fountain drinks and most seem to look like flavored water. Are the "juices" crystal light sort of juice or real juice?

Trying to decide if I should get her a soda package with juice upgrade.

Thanks

The juices for breakfast are "real" juice while the drink choices afforded after breakfast are of the crystal light variety.

Send from device_name using Cruise Critic your_app_name App

Pool/beach towels will be waiting for you in your cabin. You will need to return a towel (deck 15 starboard side aft) in order to receive a new one. And yes, you should have the same number of towels you started with in your cabin when you dis-embark.

Pool/beach towels will be waiting for you in your cabin. You will need to return a towel (deck 15 starboard side aft) in order to receive a new one. And yes, you should have the same number of towels you started with in your cabin when you dis-embark.

Thanks for this and the juice question!!

If you want to be done with dinner quickly, tell your server - do NOT leave it up to chance. We had luck having dinner in a little over an hour, but it was just 2 of us.

How long was the wait to the MDR around 6:30ish to be seated? Do you think its more than 20 -30 minutes?

Thanks

How long was the wait to the MDR around 6:30ish to be seated? Do you think its more than 20 -30 minutes?

Thanks

We usually went earlier or later than that and didn't have a wait. Keep in mind that there are 3 main dining rooms, so if one has a wait (probably the Tropicana Room), try the other two. Taste and Savor are right across from each other on Deck 6 and Tropicana Room is on Deck 7 right above.

Just off the Getaway 3/29 sailing and ate at prime time between 7:30 and 8:15 1X in the Savor and 3X in the Tropicana. There was never a wait in those 3 MDRs the entire cruise.

If you tell your server you are on a schedule, they will speed up your service.

Just off the Getaway 3/29 sailing and ate at prime time between 7:30 and 8:15 1X in the Savor and 3X in the Tropicana. There was never a wait in those 3 MDRs the entire cruise.

If you tell your server you are on a schedule, they will speed up your service.

Super! Thanks

Answering the ones that haven't been answered yet.

2) Are there any themed nights at the kids club (9 - 11)that I should pack appropriately for? (On the Dawn they had a VIP night and girls were in formal dresses, they also has jungle night and everyone had animal print shirts etc...)

I don't recall any themed days, if there were, my children didn't do them and they never said anything to us about how we forgot to pack a pirate or superhero costume. We didn't use the kids club at night so I'm not sure if nighttime is different.

3) Where is the best place to sit and watch your child on the water slides?
If they are doing the purple (the open tube and easiest slide), the exit is on deck 15, so grab a chair near where you can see the exit tube. If they are doing the Free Fall blue and green slides, the exit is on 16. I'd grab a chair on 16 where you can see them dropping and going through the tube. The red and orange corkscrew slides are completely enclosed so you'd only be able to see them exit, but the exit is on 16 on the opposite side the blue/green exits from.

I was paranoid about someone taking my towel and getting charged. One day I walked up to the pool exchange counter, there was no one there and the towels were unlocked, so I just took a few extra towels and left them in the room at all times.

Any chance my 3 yr old will be able to do the easy slide? Do they let parents go with on that slide? She'll love the aqua park, but we do water park resorts a couple times a year so I know she loves the slides and is WAY too fearless! :-D

Sent from my SCH-R530U using Forums mobile app

Any chance my 3 yr old will be able to do the easy slide? Do they let parents go with on that slide? She'll love the aqua park, but we do water park resorts a couple times a year so I know she loves the slides and is WAY too fearless! :-D
Is she 40 inches? I'm guessing not, unless you have an unusually tall child. Unfortunately, they do not let parents ride with a child. Single riders only, and no chains. I don't think they make any exceptions, it's a safety issue.

Is the $5 per game bowling located in the Bliss Ultra Lounge? Do they have shoe rental, etc like a normal bowling alley? Also, are there 2 lanes? Any additional information on this topic would be great! Thanks!

Joe

Answering the ones that haven't been answered yet.

I don't recall any themed days, if there were, my children didn't do them and they never said anything to us about how we forgot to pack a pirate or superhero costume. We didn't use the kids club at night so I'm not sure if nighttime is different.

If they are doing the purple (the open tube and easiest slide), the exit is on deck 15, so grab a chair near where you can see the exit tube. If they are doing the Free Fall blue and green slides, the exit is on 16. I'd grab a chair on 16 where you can see them dropping and going through the tube. The red and orange corkscrew slides are completely enclosed so you'd only be able to see them exit, but the exit is on 16 on the opposite side the blue/green exits from.

I was paranoid about someone taking my towel and getting charged. One day I walked up to the pool exchange counter, there was no one there and the towels were unlocked, so I just took a few extra towels and left them in the room at all times.

Thank you very much!!

regarding towels... There are usually plenty of unattended towels left on lounge chairs saving spots by the pool. You can always gather up a few of those and take them back to your cabin. :d

I love your idea. ;-)

Edited by MBprincess

7) My last NCL cruise (Dawn from Boston) had a sail away party on the pool deck complete with buffet (by the pool..not the actual buffet) and huge BBQ grills making chicken/burgers etc.. Is it the same on the Getaway, or is lunch only served in a dining area?

There is a sail away party in Spice H20 but no BBQ to go along with it :(

As far as the kids club themes...it's a little different depending on the age groups.

There's a pirate themed night, a jungle night, hollywood star night and pajama night.

I really didn't see anyone dressing for it though, definitely not like Disney. My younger daughter came home with Face Paint depending on the theme every night or day.