Bye bye Miracle

ccruisequeen

Just got off the Miracle yesterday and it was great! She is showing her age a bit but the layout is better than the Splendor IMHO. Getting on and off the ship is also much easier with 900 less people! Also, the bowling alley balconies are the best. We had 6232 which is perfect location. Close to elevator but no noise. Crew work area is next to room which was surprisingly quiet. Three floors up to Lido and 3 down to MDR. I liked this room so much I booked it for next March. The Balcony is about 29 feet long by 6.25 feet wide.

Here are a couple of photos from the balcony of 6232. Note that is a full twin mattress my buddy dragged out there to sleep on :eek:.

When I booked my next cruise, I tried to get one of those rooms. They were already sold out.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

When I booked my next cruise, I tried to get one of those rooms. They were already sold out.

You have to book pretty far out especially for the 2 person rooms which are 7258 and 8232. There are 6 rooms total that have the 180 sq ft balcony but three of them 6234, 7260, and 8234 are handicap accessible and may be hidden from carnival.com. Also I would recommend you call Carnival because if you are looking on their website they only show ten available rooms at a time and the one you want could still be available but will not show up in the ten that are visible. Room 6232 usually sells last but it is a 4 person room and if you book it with less than 4 people you may very well get bumped so I would not book that room unless you have 4 sailors!

You can wave goodbye to me as she leaves this Saturday as we are taking her to Hawaii and Vancouver. :)

Bob

We are very excited to be sailing on her to Hawaii next Saturday ........ and on to Vancouver. Promise to take good care of her while we are on board! :)

I'm with xbatt8 and kahlolin !!! We will also be heading to Hawaii.

We'll be aboard her for 16 days, so she will be looked after until we hand her over to those "Alaska" cruisers.

OP...make sure you wave as we depart ! :D

You have to book pretty far out especially for the 2 person rooms which are 7258 and 8232. There are 6 rooms total that have the 180 sq ft balcony but three of them 6234, 7260, and 8234 are handicap accessible and may be hidden from carnival.com. Also I would recommend you call Carnival because if you are looking on their website they only show ten available rooms at a time and the one you want could still be available but will not show up in the ten that are visible. Room 6232 usually sells last but it is a 4 person room and if you book it with less than 4 people you may very well get bumped so I would not book that room unless you have 4 sailors!

I did call and ask, as I booked with a PVP. None of the two person rooms were available. I don't book accessible cabins or cabins for more than two people, 'cause I don't like being bumped.

I did call and ask, as I booked with a PVP. None of the two person rooms were available. I don't book accessible cabins or cabins for more than two people, 'cause I don't like being bumped.

I don't blame you a bit. I wouldn't want the handicap room as there is no couch and the bathroom is one giant shower floor. If you change your cruise to March 28th 2015 you can get room 8232 right now!

Here are a couple of photos from the balcony of 6232. Note that is a full twin mattress my buddy dragged out there to sleep on :eek:.

DSCN3579

DSCN3599

6232 that my cabin when I sail on her in Nov. Thanks for the photo's I have looked and looked for photos of that cabin and yours are the 1st I have seen. Do you have any of the inside the cabin? Any noise from the outside hallway?

6232 that my cabin when I sail on her in Nov. Thanks for the photo's I have looked and looked for photos of that cabin and yours are the 1st I have seen. Do you have any of the inside the cabin? Any noise from the outside hallway?

I will look and see if my daughter got any interior shots. Inside it just appears to be the normal balcony room. The magic is when you step out onto the balcony:D. This is now my favorite room on any Carnival ship. Great location. You are very close to the elevators, but you don't hear them at all. You only have another room on one side of you. The other is a crew work area and i never heard anything from there. It says " ice station " on the door. I saw ice machine and they have a sink area too for cleaning. Three floors up takes you to back of lido restaurant and three down took us to MDR your time dining area. Great central location for me between decks, but closer to aft of ship. Oh and if it gets ugly, you could literally jump onto a lifeboat from your balcony ;). I couldn't find any interior pics but if you look at cruiselinerooms dot com you can find some there of the interior. Look at 6232 under Miracle, Pride, Spirit, or Legend.

Edited by n6uqqq

Just got off the Miracle yesterday and it was great! She is showing her age a bit but the layout is better than the Splendor IMHO. Getting on and off the ship is also much easier with 900 less people! Also, the bowling alley balconies are the best. We had 6232 which is perfect location. Close to elevator but no noise. Crew work area is next to room which was surprisingly quiet. Three floors up to Lido and 3 down to MDR. I liked this room so much I booked it for next March. The Balcony is about 29 feet long by 6.25 feet wide.

We felt the same way when we were on the Miracle last October. We booked for this October as soon as we got back and booked the same room, 5236 which is a bowling alley balcony just under 6232. It is considered an obstructed view but the only obstruction is if you want to look straight down (you'd be staring at the top of a lifeboat). The balcony in 5236 is the same length but is narrower. For the difference in price, we can handle the narrower balcony.:)