Specialty Coffee Card

Planmaam

Excuse me if this has been discussed previously, but I haven't seen it discussed.

My niece recently cruised on Princess and they offered a specialty coffee card for the week, and I thought it would be a great idea! They offered it for $39.99/week, but if purchased on the first day, it was $29.99/week. Don't know about anyone else, but I'd jump at that deal.

I have not previously bought the specialty coffees on my NCL cruises, but if they offered something like this, I'd buy it.

What are your thoughts? Would you but it if it were offered? And what is the price you would be willing to pay, and the threshold where you would not buy it?

Just wondering/hoping.......................

when I was on Princess several years ago I purchased the card about halfway thru. Think it was $25. I didnt know about it until then or would have bought it sooner. I dont think ncl has it as I'm going on Breakaway soon.!

I'd buy it, but you knew that. LOL I was just checking out a booking to see if the oceanview cabins have a coffee machine. Just about I can see is a guarantee and nothing listed, but one is listed in the balcony cabins. This will be a problem on our upcoming cruise, but we are so close to the atrium cafe. I think I would pay up to $60 for a card, but I guess it would depend on how many coffees it would include.

I got the card on Princess for my daughter and the $29.99 price included 15 drinks (any...even hot chocolate that her DH liked) for the cruise. They punched holes in the card per drink and it can be used on your next cruise with Princess if you don't use it all on the present cruise.

I looked into getting a little Aerobie Aeropress but require hot water in room for that. Maybe we can request a coffee maker from pre-concierge. I have a tiny frother I can bring too.

Edited by medicalma'am

I'd buy it' date=' but you knew that. LOL I was just checking out a booking to see if the oceanview cabins have a coffee machine. Just about I can see is a guarantee and nothing listed, but one is listed in the balcony cabins. This will be a problem on our upcoming cruise, but we are so close to the atrium cafe. I think I would pay up to $60 for a card, but I guess it would depend on how many coffees it would include.

I got the card on Princess for my daughter and the $29.99 price included 15 drinks (any...even hot chocolate that her DH liked) for the cruise. They punched holes in the card per drink and it can be used on your next cruise with Princess if you don't use it all on the present cruise.

I looked into getting a little Aerobie Aeropress but require hot water in room for that. Maybe we can request a coffee maker from pre-concierge. I have a tiny frother I can bring too.[/size']

If you have the pre concierge, then you must be in a suite. The suites have Lavazza machines to take care of you coffee. If your in an inside, no coffee makers, but your steward might be able to get you one of the little 4 cups drip makers they use in the balconies if one is available.

• 3 weeks later...
Just moved from an oceanview to a mini-suite' date=' so there will be a coffee machine in the room.

But I'd still love the coffee card! NCL, are you listening?;)[/quote']

Have you had their French Press coffee from Cagney's/Haven or breakfast/lunch restaurant? That's what I would love to have available for order with breakfast or whenever really. We're not in a suite this coming cruise and it's one of the main things I'll miss, really the only coffee I really enjoyed on the cruise.

Oh well, guess we just have to work at staying in a suite...:D

Enjoy your mini suite,

Connie

On the Gem in January, there was no free coffee at the java cafe. They told us it was discontinued a year ago. I have read here that the free pastries will soon be replaced with Carlos Bakery at a charge.

We have asked about coffee cards for years. Once,there was a card on the Jewel but no more, sad to say.

yes I would be interested in a specialty coffee card for the java cafe as a treat on the cruise. I usually treat myself to at least one during a cruise. That is the norm for me usually even when not cruising.

We have managed to to balcony cabins our last several cruises and the rooms had coffee pots in them. I will bring pods from home for some of my favorites.

On the Breakaway, we can find regular coffee just about any time we want it at the buffet. I have ordered it from a bar also.

We have not done the suite life or the Haven and I do miss the French Press. When we have dinner in the Bistro I will ask for it. I will ask at just about every "pay" restaurant and sometimes they supply it, sometimes not.

I would not like a card that is buy so many get one free. I would rather have a card to buy a set number during the week for a set price.

I would get one depending how it would be set up I may get 2 ! I do not like the coffee in the machines at the drink stations, its too weak and no flavor. My coffee was one of things I looked forward to when we came home.

• 2 weeks later...
Have you had their French Press coffee from Cagney's/Haven or breakfast/lunch restaurant? That's what I would love to have available for order with breakfast or whenever really. We're not in a suite this coming cruise and it's one of the main things I'll miss, really the only coffee I really enjoyed on the cruise.

Oh well, guess we just have to work at staying in a suite...:D

Enjoy your mini suite,

Connie

Yes, we've enjoyed the French press coffee. Also am in love with the Lavaza in the suites. The next cruise were not in a suite so won't have those options.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk

I am a frequent cruiser on Princess. The Coffee Card is the best day at sea for a caffiene addict like me.

The cost is just under $28 (plus 15% gratuity), so it comes to around $32.

You get 15 punches for the life of the card. These punches can be used on multiple Princess ships and is good until all of the punches are gone.

A punch is used for espresso, cappucino, latte, blended espresso drink (think Frappucino), mocha, white chocolate mocha, chai latte, etc...

And BONUS!!! for the cruise you purchased the card on- you also get unlimited brewed coffee (not the syrup kind), premium hot teas, and hot chocolate that is made with steamed milk.

I wish every cruise line would offer this.

When I step on a Princess ship, I always buy at least one. Also, if you know to ask, when you buy the card- you can get a stainless steel coffee mug for and extra $7. It is the best travel coffee mug I own.

I've been a vocal proponent of this every time a "What is something you want NCL to change" thread comes up. I would absolutely buy a coffee card. I almost give up coffee while cruising. A few mornings I get a good cup from the coffee bar, and I get a french press with dessert at specialty restaurants. I pretty much skip it in the buffet for breakfast, and only sip a little in the MDR.

I tried doing the Starbucks Via packets one cruise, as a slight improvement, but kept forgetting to bring them along to breakfast.