New Mexican cruise home port being built-Rocky Point

tjcletsgo

LOL at myself! I read your heading and all I could think of was "How can they build a port in New Mexico? We're landlocked!" Then I realized what you meant; I'd even read another article about this new port just yesterday!

When I first saw this subject, I was also wondering where in NM the port would be. Perhaps Las Cruces after sailing up the Rio Grande! On second thought maybe not!

It will be interesting how HAL proposes to get the pax to Rocky Point in conceivably the middle of nowhere. I have flown into La Paz and Cabo before but La Paz in particular is not that cheap. Stand by for more news on this. I am glad though that Princess has decided to venture into the Sea of Cortez with two ports.

When I first saw this subject, I was also wondering where in NM the port would be. Perhaps Las Cruces after sailing up the Rio Grande! On second thought maybe not!

It will be interesting how HAL proposes to get the pax to Rocky Point in conceivably the middle of nowhere. I have flown into La Paz and Cabo before but La Paz in particular is not that cheap. Stand by for more news on this. I am glad though that Princess has decided to venture into the Sea of Cortez with two ports.

Just as Cancun was a sleepy fishing villiage back in the '70s, and I started going down there in the middle '80s on a flight from Dallas. There was a runway, and a thatched open air terminal. Roll up steps to disembark the aircraft.

The north end of the "Hotel Zone" was under construction, and we stayed in the newly completed VCI, the first development by the Royal Resorts.

We fell in love with the place, and later bought a few timeshares in the Royal Caribbean, not to be confused with the cruise line.

Coming home, we would leave Cancun, fly to Cozumel to pick up additional passengers, and then fly direct back to Dallas. Look at Cancun now.

I can see similar things happening to Rocky Point, if the Mexican Government builds it in a pattern that controls growth, and the style of buildings. It's not Cancun, but does have great potential, and along with it, flights from other parts of the U.S. and Mexico.

Time will tell!!:)

Rick

It's possible. I think the new popular hawaii routes will be from Vancouver since a foreign call won't be necessary. They could be extended to end or start in Seattle too.
Sorry, the bolded part is currently illegal under the PSVA. What you suggest would be a cruise between two US ports without a stop in a distant foreign port. If it were legal, Princess would allow passengers to take a Pacific Coastal cruise from California to Vancouver - immediately followed by a one-night to Seattle. There have been posts here by members who have booked those cruises on-line, only to have Princess contact them to say one of the cruises must be cancelled.

Sorry, the bolded part is currently illegal under the PSVA. What you suggest would be a cruise between two US ports without a stop in a distant foreign port. If it were legal, Princess would allow passengers to take a Pacific Coastal cruise from California to Vancouver - immediately followed by a one-night to Seattle. There have been posts here by members who have booked those cruises on-line, only to have Princess contact them to say one of the cruises must be cancelled.

I'm keenly aware of the PSVA. I was suggesting that a RT hawaii cruise from Seattle, with a stop in Vancouver would accomodate international and domestic US passengers very well. Domestic passengers could board in Seattle to save on expensive international airfare to vancouver and intl passengers could board in vancouver to save on US Visa hastles.