Tuxedo Rental

luv2cruise523

There is a company on the web called cruiselineformal. You can access them through this link http://www.cruiselineformal.com or through the Celebrity website under the "Already booked" tab and then click the "Gifts by Celebrity" tab. You will see a link under Tuxedo Rentals. This will take you to the cruiselineformal website. All the information you need will be there. I used them on our last cruise and had no issues. A couple of pointers though. Don't expect your suit to be hanging in the closet when you first board, they usually bring it the day before the first formal night. Check with your steward though. If you need any alterations they will do it onboard so it's a good idea to try your suit as soon as you get it so that they have time to fix it if necessary. Follow the instructions carefully on the website regarding the sizing. Hope this helps.

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

Renting a tux is IMHO the only way to go. I have referred my friends and so far everyone has had a good experience. The ship actually has a supply of tux if the one you rent doesn't fit or they can alter the pants.

It saves a lot of luggage space and if you are near the 50lb suitcase limit you can take some other cloths instead of a heavy suite.

I believe we paid $109, with shoes, on our recent cruise. The first pair of shoes didn't fit and it was no problem to exchange. It was delivered to our cabin the night before formal night. It was completely clean with no problems.

It saved packing dress clothes and we will do this again every time.:)

• 5 months later...

My husband is looking to rent a tux for our upcoming 13 night cruise in the Med on the Equinox. We can't tell from the photos on the website whether it's a tux style that he could wear a regular dress shirt and tie that he'll bring along for 1 of the formal nights or is it a very formal style not conducive to anything other than winged shirts,etc. any help is appreciated. Thanks.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

My husband is looking to rent a tux for our upcoming 13 night cruise in the Med on the Equinox. We can't tell from the photos on the website whether it's a tux style that he could wear a regular dress shirt and tie that he'll bring along for 1 of the formal nights or is it a very formal style not conducive to anything other than winged shirts,etc. any help is appreciated. Thanks.

I assume you were on the Celebrity Website and ended up at Cruiseline Formal

http://www.cruiselineformal.com/cf_pages/?c=ccl

If you click on Men's Apparel you will see that each Delux or Contemorary Tux Rental comes with one (1) laydown collared shirt as well as cuff links. These shirts can be worn with the supplied long tie or a bow tie (Customer arranged / supplied)

The Classic Tux Rentals include one (1) wing collared shirt, as well as cuff links & shirt studs. These shirts can be worn appropriately with a bow tie & cummerbund (as supplied) or with a vest & long tie or ascot (both Customer arranged / supplied)

A lot will depend on the man's individual style...

Hope this helps,

Cheers!

Ps... Mr Sloop likes the Classic James Bond look. He owns his own tux and brings along an extra shirt and a change of accessories for Formal Nights after the Captain's Welcome... So changes in Colour & Style in Cuff Links, Bow Tie, and Hanky... A bit more fun & his personality comes thru... And he is not alone, these items truly can be ice breakers / conversation starters.

Edited by Sloop-JohnB

I assume you were on the Celebrity Website and ended up at Cruiseline Formal

http://www.cruiselineformal.com/cf_pages/?c=ccl

If you click on Men's Apparel you will see that each Delux or Contemorary Tux Rental comes with one (1) laydown collared shirt as well as cuff links. These shirts can be worn with the supplied long tie or a bow tie (Customer arranged / supplied)

The Classic Tux Rentals include one (1) wing collared shirt, as well as cuff links & shirt studs. These shirts can be worn appropriately with a bow tie & cummerbund (as supplied) or with a vest & long tie or ascot (both Customer arranged / supplied)

A lot will depend on the man's individual style...

Hope this helps,

Cheers!

Ps... Mr Sloop likes the Classic James Bond look. He owns his own tux and brings along an extra shirt and a change of accessories for Formal Nights after the Captain's Welcome... So changes in Colour & Style in Cuff Links, Bow Tie, and Hanky... A bit more fun & his personality comes thru... And he is not alone, these items truly can be ice breakers / conversation starters.

Thanks for your comments. My husband is good with the James Bond look as well!The only option we are given on the Cruiseline Formal website is the Classic tux rental. As the picture doesn't show the full jacket and pant combo, I can't tell whether a nice dress shirt and tie brought along by us would work. Are these tuxes with/without tails and do they have satin lapels or accents on the jacket and pants generally? If they are just really nice black suits, I imagine you could vary it up any way you wanted.

Thanks for your comments. My husband is good with the James Bond look as well!The only option we are given on the Cruiseline Formal website is the Classic tux rental. As the picture doesn't show the full jacket and pant combo, I can't tell whether a nice dress shirt and tie brought along by us would work. Are these tuxes with/without tails and do they have satin lapels or accents on the jacket and pants generally? If they are just really nice black suits, I imagine you could vary it up any way you wanted.

Don't know what they offer for Mediterranean Cruises... In the way of fabrics, lapels etc (maybe someone else will have that info). But length should be no tails as they are meant as Evening Formal Wear (tails make them a Morning Suit and not appropriate for Dinner Hour & Beyond)

Cheers!

I agree with the responses. It is pretty easy, the selection is good, and they are cleaned after each rental. It is even a reasonable option if you own a tux, as you won't need to pack it, drag it through airports and pre-cruise hotels, and then get it pressed.

I would point out that if you are one of the hard-to-fit sizes, that you should book early, as selections might be more difficult to find closer to the cruise.