What's new that we should know about?

telli01

Hi all

We have had a little break from cruising but have just recently booked on the Splendor for March 2015. We will be cruising with our son who will be 4. Our last cruise was in 2009. So what's new that we should know about? Any input on the Splendor? We'll be cruising from Miami and headed to the Eastern Caribbean. Thanks!

Hi all

We have had a little break from cruising but have just recently booked on the Splendor for March 2015. We will be cruising with our son who will be 4. Our last cruise was in 2009. So what's new that we should know about? Any input on the Splendor? We'll be cruising from Miami and headed to the Eastern Caribbean. Thanks!

There are a couple of sources that I like to use when doing research on any ship. First, I type in the name of the ship on Google. Example: Carnival Splendor. There will be rotating pictures of the on board amenities. You can click on any picture and get a brief description. Second, I look for recent reviews here on C.C. about the ship. And I also like to go to YouTube to see if there are any recent videos posted. Doing these things may not tell you everything about the ship and what to expect, but at least you'll have a pretty good overview.;)

A few new things since 2009:

• You don't have to bring your life jackets to the muster drill anymore
  • The sushi bar has been replaced by the Taste Bar
  • On sea days, there is a sea day brunch instead of breakfast and lunch
  • There are DJs by the pool now instead of live bands
  • You can buy alcoholic drink packages
  • You can buy a "Faster to the Fun" pass

I'm sure there's more, but that's all I could come up with right now. :) Have a great cruise!

Edited by CruisinCrow

There's a Seuss at Sea addition that features a breakfast and character parade for little ones that your 4 year old may enjoy. It just rolled out so there's not a ton of reviews out there, but some have posted positive things. We are taking our son who will be 4 also this October. There's a small splash zone area for kids right below the walking track. Pizza is different. Different options and crust. You will find opinions about it on here. Not sure if this is new or not for you but the lido has a rotisserie area, Mongolian wok, tandoor and burrito bar.

Can't think of anything else , but we are going for a second time on the Splendor and really enjoyed it. Hope you do too!