Alcohol Smuggling Belly

Mysticks1

Just saw this on John Heald's Facebook and wondered if anyone else remembers a post a couple of weeks back from a girl who said her father intended to use one of those bellies to smuggle liquor on? I wonder if the one referred to in the post was him?

I forgot to mention that while going through security during check in at the Miami terminal I overheard a middle aged couple discussing how they “ hoped security would not find their smuggled booze.” They were behind me so I never did get to see if they were caught or not. As a brand ambassador and as Carnival’s senior cruise director I should have told security that the people behind me were rum running or whatever Pine Bluff as his cruise critic mates call it, but I didn’t.

I did though talk to the Chief Security here on the Carnival Glory and he told me about the number of people they catch doing this each and every week and how people think they are the first to put Bacardi and some lime juice in a mouthwash bottle or that they are geniuses because they have a bottle of water with vodka in it. He did tell me how on the Carnival Liberty that he caught someone trying to smuggle plastic bottles of alcohol in a fake belly…….you know, someone had a fake stomach or fat suit thingy that had alcohol inside. Oh FFS!

I have proposed a new policy to the beards. Anyone who tries to smuggle on booze and says “ this is water” should be made to drink at least half of the “ water” and then take a sobriety test that includes reading the name tags of a Russian and Indian crew member. If they can’t say Boris Ripyournippleov or Sureuarer Apoodoo without slurring their words then they will have their “water” confiscated and forced to wash my underpants………by hand.

Just use rum runners like everyone else.

Sent using the Cruise Critic forums app

That isn't funny though. This thread isn't meant to gather information on how to really do it but to make fun of all the inventions out there that people buy or use to do it.

The colostomy bag would probably work but EWWWW!

Those work well. And, the afore mentioned mouthwash bottles work well, too. My sister really likes her "hollowed out" binoculars because she can put her rum on one side, and her husband's scotch on the other side.

I still like using repurposed common toiletry bottles. They've worked well for me for a very long time.

That isn't funny though. This thread isn't meant to gather information on how to really do it but to make fun of all the inventions out there that people buy or use to do it.

Remember that many of these devices are targeted at sports fans smuggling drinks into the stadium. Rather a different use case than cruising.

Here's a fun one: Tampon Flasks

81AlAh7K1qL._SL1500_.jpg

Just saw this on John Heald's Facebook and wondered if anyone else remembers a post a couple of weeks back from a girl who said her father intended to use one of those bellies to smuggle liquor on? I wonder if the one referred to in the post was him?

Nope, I talked him out of it :p lol I think it would be too uncomfortable, plus we still have 3 weeks to go!(Haven't had a chance to get caught yet, yea I know that my dad would not have been the only one to try that lol :rolleyes:) Counting down!

Nope, I talked him out of it :p lol I think it would be too uncomfortable, plus we still have 3 weeks to go!(Haven't had a chance to get caught yet, yea I know that my dad would not have been the only one to try that lol :rolleyes:) Counting down!

Glad it wasn't your Dad. :) Tell him they have caught someone if he brings it back up.

Still thinkin' about the fake oxygen tank or fake coloscopy bag...:eek:Sorry, can't spell colo whatever..

Well I can spell it is Colostomy and I have to wear as I had stage 4 colon cancer , don't really find people wearing stuff like this or belly stuff to smuggle alcohol onboard all that hilarious . I already have to get almost stripped searched at airports now its looks like It will have to go through it at cruise ports . Not looking for any sympathy. Just some consideration . Hey I stick Plastic Bottles of alcohol in My cargo shorts , but figure another way of getting your alcohol onboard then this method.

The colostomy bag would probably work but EWWWW!

Another good way of sneaking the booze on board is to get tipsy just prior to going through security. Even though if you smuggle too much of the booze through your veins they may not let you onto the boat. But it does take the sting out of waiting in the lobby.

Sorry I upset you..:o

Well I can spell it is Colostomy and I have to wear as I had stage 4 colon cancer , don't really find people wearing stuff like this or belly stuff to smuggle alcohol onboard all that hilarious . I already have to get almost stripped searched at airports now its looks like It will have to go through it at cruise ports . Not looking for any sympathy. Just some consideration . Hey I stick Plastic Bottles of alcohol in My cargo shorts , but figure another way of getting your alcohol onboard then this method.