British Colonial Hilton

Sunshine827

Looking for info on this resort for a day pass. We are looking for a laid back beach, as we love to just relax, no need for activities, etc. if you have gone here, how was it?? How was the food/drinks? How is the beach?? Clean?? Thanks for any info!!

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

Looking for info on this resort for a day pass. We are looking for a laid back beach, as we love to just relax, no need for activities, etc. if you have gone here, how was it?? How was the food/drinks? How is the beach?? Clean?? Thanks for any info!!

We were just there in January. We walked onto the beach and were asked to go into the hotel to purchase a day pass if we planned to stay for the day. The pass gave us full access to the beach and the grounds along with lunch and drinks from the restaurant.

There is bar/food service on the beach. The grounds were beautiful but the water was too chilly for us because it was January.

This is a great place to relax, read a book, have a cocktail under your clam shell or under a tall tropical tree.

We did see a couple of other folks from the ship there. This hotel is close enough to the ship so you can walk there. You won't find a lot of kids running around there because this is more of a business traveler's hotel.

We are going back in November and will definitely spend the day there.

Hi Sunshine,

We were just there on March 28. It was $65/person with a $40/person food and beverage credit. If you spend the full credit, this is a good deal. The credit is not refundable; any credit you don't spend is given to the bar staff as a tip.

We liked the Hilton because it was only four blocks from the Port entrance, about a 15 minute walk. The hotel, pool, beach and grounds were clean, pretty and well maintained. The water was clean and refreshing. The beach is very small, but there were chairs and shade for everyone and it didn't feel crowded. The view is of an offshore barrier island and the cruise ships in the port. It's actually a pretty view.

I had heard that drink and food service was slow and not good at all. We found the servers nice, but not fast. I also did not see them walking around the beach or pool. You have to go to the bar for service.

If you just want to relax in Nassau, then the Hilton is a good choice, especially since you don't have to rush to get a taxi there and back.

Hi Sunshine,

We were just there on March 28. It was $65/person with a $40/person food and beverage credit. If you spend the full credit, this is a good deal. The credit is not refundable; any credit you don't spend is given to the bar staff as a tip.

That's a good point. Don't be surprised if they round down your bill a bit. ;)

Yes, we were there last week as well off of Enchantment of the Seas. I knew something was up when I approached the bar and spoke with one of the servers to ask about how the vouchers worked. Well, almost immediately Benedict aka Harry grabbed the voucher out of the other server's hand and said, "I'll take care of her." There was some heated discussion between them. But I can tell you we did not get the full $120 (there were 3 of us) food/drink amount. I was keeping track and we figured that we had around $30 dollars left and Benedict said that we had $5. I really did not want to get into an argument, so I did not push it, but it might be wise to make sure with the front desk that you truly have a full $40 food credit. I would ask next time to make sure they are not taking out an automatic tip and taxes. I never saw a running tab and was never given a receipt so I believe something was going on that was not quite 'kosher,' so to speak. Resort was ok but I left feeling 'ripped off'. Will not return.

Yes, we were there last week as well off of Enchantment of the Seas. I knew something was up when I approached the bar and spoke with one of the servers to ask about how the vouchers worked. Well, almost immediately Benedict aka Harry grabbed the voucher out of the other server's hand and said, "I'll take care of her." There was some heated discussion between them. But I can tell you we did not get the full $120 (there were 3 of us) food/drink amount. I was keeping track and we figured that we had around $30 dollars left and Benedict said that we had $5. I really did not want to get into an argument, so I did not push it, but it might be wise to make sure with the front desk that you truly have a full $40 food credit. I would ask next time to make sure they are not taking out an automatic tip and taxes. I never saw a running tab and was never given a receipt so I believe something was going on that was not quite 'kosher,' so to speak. Resort was ok but I left feeling 'ripped off'. Will not return.

There is a mandatory 15% gratuity added to every item that you order. It's added when it's rung in (or when an order is placed). On $120, that would be $18 buck. About what you think is missing. All hotel restaurants and most venues have the same policy.

Hi Sunshine,

We liked the Hilton because it was only four blocks from the Port entrance, about a 15 minute walk. The hotel, pool, beach and grounds were clean, pretty and well maintained. The water was clean and refreshing. The beach is very small, but there were chairs and shade for everyone and it didn't feel crowded. The view is of an offshore barrier island and the cruise ships in the port. It's actually a pretty view.

I had heard that drink and food service was slow and not good at all. We found the servers nice, but not fast. I also did not see them walking around the beach or pool. You have to go to the bar for service.

If you just want to relax in Nassau, then the Hilton is a good choice, especially since you don't have to rush to get a taxi there and back.

Thanks so much. I booked it last night. Looking forward to a quiet beach day!

My wife and I had a wonderful day there in March. As others have said the beach is small but clean and quiet, the grounds and hotel are very nice. Not crowded at all and this was a during a spring break period with 4 ships in port. We had good food and drink service on the beach with no problems. As to the food/drink credit, we each had a burger or wrap with fries and slaw @ $ 15.00 each, and each had a couple of tasty refreshments that were $ 9.00 or 10 each. They do add on 15% so that used up most of the $ 80 voucher, so there was a little left which went to the server. Food was very good and the drinks were probably the best we had all week. Hope you enjoy your day!

My wife and I had a wonderful day there in March. As others have said the beach is small but clean and quiet, the grounds and hotel are very nice. Not crowded at all and this was a during a spring break period with 4 ships in port. We had good food and drink service on the beach with no problems. As to the food/drink credit, we each had a burger or wrap with fries and slaw @ $ 15.00 each, and each had a couple of tasty refreshments that were $ 9.00 or 10 each. They do add on 15% so that used up most of the $ 80 voucher, so there was a little left which went to the server. Food was very good and the drinks were probably the best we had all week. Hope you enjoy your day!

Thanks!!

Ours was the opposite. Everyone was very nice and polite but my wife and I had $80 in voucher credit and I know we went over. When I went to cash out I could see on their computer that our bill exceeded $100 but when I signed it was for far less than the $80 voucher with the rest going to tip.

Thank you DKane. We will also be there in Nov. glad to see this is a good option for us. We are on the Grandeur 11/21 sailing.

Hi, we are on the same sailing. There will be nine of us including three children.

Hi Sunshine,

We had a different experience there. Our server was there more than we needed him to be. The service in my opinion was excellent.

DKane -there are 8 of us but no children. Keep trying to convince my daughters to come on a cruise with us and the bring the grandchildren but so far they won't. We do land vacations with them. Maybe someday. Do you just drive to Baltimore yourself or do you use a shuttle? We usually go out of Cape Liberty with a larger crowd and use a shuttle service but since it is only 8 of us we will probably just drive.

We were there last May and are going again this May.

We loved it. Especially love the bed/cabanas that are located in the

pool area. Both my daughters took naps!

The food was good and the drinks were strong and tasty.

WE had an amazing time there. Everything was clean and well maintained.

The waitress and bar staff were awesome. I tipped one of the bartenders

$20 with my first drink and after that he was more than happy to serve

me quick and added extra rum to my Bahama Mamas!

AFter we left the Hilton we walked about 2 blocks to Senior Frogs

and spent an hour or two there. Then it was about 2 blocks walking back

to the ship thru the market place.

Great day and Great Place!

Have Fun!

DKane -there are 8 of us but no children. Keep trying to convince my daughters to come on a cruise with us and the bring the grandchildren but so far they won't. We do land vacations with them. Maybe someday. Do you just drive to Baltimore yourself or do you use a shuttle? We usually go out of Cape Liberty with a larger crowd and use a shuttle service but since it is only 8 of us we will probably just drive.

We drive ourselves. We drive to Delaware first to meet up with the rest of the family and we leave from there. It takes about an hour and 20-30 minutes. We took two of our grandkids on this ship when they were younger and Cozumel was one of the stops. Kids really loved it there.

We were there last May and are going again this May.

We loved it. Especially love the bed/cabanas that are located in the

pool area. Both my daughters took naps!

The food was good and the drinks were strong and tasty.

WE had an amazing time there. Everything was clean and well maintained.

The waitress and bar staff were awesome. I tipped one of the bartenders

$20 with my first drink and after that he was more than happy to serve

me quick and added extra rum to my Bahama Mamas!

AFter we left the Hilton we walked about 2 blocks to Senior Frogs

and spent an hour or two there. Then it was about 2 blocks walking back

to the ship thru the market place.

Great day and Great Place!

Have Fun!

When we were there I had a Bahama Papa - it was much stronger than I expected, LOL, I took a few cat naps on my lounger:) My husband later told me it was made with a much stronger rum. It was delicious though.

We just walked around the BC on Wednesday, April 9, 2014. We had considered the day pass a few months ago but I'm glad we didn't get it because we did not have beach weather that day at all - it was a bit rainy and it was windy and chilly. Personally, I would wait til you get there to see how the weather is. BUT, if it was a beautiful day - the BC is a very nice place to go and enjoy that is a 5 minute, if that, walk from the pier.

the reason we even went there was because my husband and I had stayed there 25 years ago and we wanted to see it again. We had no problem walking around the hotel and down to the beach area. The sand is awesome on their beach and the 'beds' out on the beach look really comfortable (those weren't there 25 years ago LOL)

I believe this is my very first post on the forums, although I have been reading for a couple of years. I have learned so much about cruising and gotten some invaluable tips from posters here. I just had to chime in on the British Colonial Hilton. DH and I were last there in August of last year and are currently debating whether to go again for the third time this August or try something else in Nassau... I actually came into this particular forum to try to get some ideas.

Booking was very easy and the check-in process, after a short walk from the ship, even easier. The service was great, the food was really good, and the drinks were exceptional. We both thoroughly enjoyed the beach and the water, and I spent a good amount of time in the pool as well, which was also quite lovely. Neither area was crowded, and the bathroom area was clean. We were barely under our $80 in vouchers and put the rest towards the tip.

It was a peaceful, wonderful time. We lounged around after lunch until we got hungry again, and then took the jitney to the fish fry for dinner. I would definitely do this day pass again, and we've even discussed flying to Nassau and staying at the BCH for a week. That's how much fun we had!

• 4 weeks later...

Do you guys know what time you can start drinking/eating? Our ship docks at 7am and they said we can arrive at 8 (even tho the website says 9.) we plan on going bet 8-9. Should we bring some bottled water? Or can we get drinks before 11? (I've done lots of reading and I'm not sure where I got this info from so I figured I would ask!)

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Do you guys know what time you can start drinking/eating? Our ship docks at 7am and they said we can arrive at 8 (even tho the website says 9.) we plan on going bet 8-9. Should we bring some bottled water? Or can we get drinks before 11? (I've done lots of reading and I'm not sure where I got this info from so I figured I would ask!)

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

The Patio Bar and Grill starts opening at 11am/ Kitchen doesn't open until 11:30am Nowhere to get drinks before the bar is opened.